Maytag commercial washer and dryer teardown video with important info if you're considering one

Before Whirlpool bought them Maytag was probably the best machines on the market. Maytag and Speed Queen still make washers with real agitators which actually clean.

Reactions: hrv
The clothes, towels, and bedding that have gone through our 10 year old Maytags would bury AT&T Stadium

• Haha
Reactions: JC1
I have all speed queen stuff. 2 sets. I did buy the TR series a few months ago however. Not too worried but my wife wanted the extra cycles

Speed Queens are known to hold up for many decades. That's what I bought. Parents had one for 30+ years till they left the house.

Direct drive Whirlpool machines were made until 2011, I believe. Many are branded Kenmore.

Lowe's has the Maytag MVWP576KW and MGDP576KW (gas dryer) for $1209.
Paired instead with MEDP576KW (electric dryer) is $1099.
According to Lowe's website, they have 1 year P+L ,
SECOND THROUGH TENTH YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY (DRIVE MOTOR AND WASH BASKET ONLY - LABOR NOT INCLUDED)

He's saying get the MVWP575GW washer and MGDP575GW (gas dryer).
I see the 5 year P+L, but I see a combo price of $2122.10 at AJ Madison (non Calif.).

I see Howard's has the washer listed (Calif). Anyway, I just wanted to break out the model numbers he was talking about.

Back