Math question...27 trillions gallons =?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many small towns in a bind that are not as concrete infested as Houston - I talked to a guy with connections in the next county to see when I can check damage to my place on the bay. He said "you can't get to the road that gets to the road" ...

So much of the state drains to the bay systems down limited rivers ...

Or, if you sat at a bottling plant and watched Harvey's water go by in gallon sized container, one per second. You'd be watching the water go by for 856,164 years.

Originally Posted By: mk378
2.9 miles on each side.
Thanks!....now if I could only get that cube to land on the wild fire burning near me.

Originally Posted By: BHopkins
It would fill Lake Powell twice.

Full pool is roughly 7,925,358,407,494 gallons. So 27 trillion gallons would fill it close to 3.5 times.

Originally Posted By: 02SE

Full pool is roughly 7,925,358,407,494 gallons. So 27 trillion gallons would fill it close to 3.5 times.

Wow! I just did the math, and you are right.

I had repeated what had been reported recently on the local news. Clearly, they were wrong! Dang fake news sources.
crackmeup2.gif
Can't trust them.

Originally Posted By: 02SE

Wow! I just did the math, and you are right.

I had repeated what had been reported recently on the local news. Clearly, they were wrong! Dang fake news sources.
crackmeup2.gif
Can't trust them.

I don't know what your local news reported, but if they stated Lake Powell would be filled twice, they could've been right at that moment in time during the ongoing deluge.

It's an awful lot of water, either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back