Master Mechanic 2-Cycle Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was low on 2 cycle oil, I normally use Echo 2 - Cycle Oil, my Dad picked up 3 bottles of the Master Mechanic 2-Cycle Oil, it says its ashless and it can be used in air-cooled 2 cycle engines including Lawn Boy and Toro.

I have an Echo blower and a Stihl trimmer, the Echo 2 cycle oil is Jaso rated, or I guess it meets that spec. There is nothing on the bottle of Master Mechanic that says anything about being Jaso rated, the bottle has a code number on the front that says 123003.

I am just wondering if I can use this oil or do I need to go out and get a 2 cycle oil that meets the Jaso spec.

It would bother me that it says ashless and not low ash. Ashless sounds like tc-w oil relabeled into a one size fits all solution to me.

Originally Posted By: FastGame
It should be ok if it's the same stuff.....

"Master Mechanic, 3.2 OZ, Multi Purpose, 2 Cycle Oil, Recommended For Air Cooled 2 Cycle Engines, Mixed With Gallon Of Gasoline Provides Up To 50:1 Ratio Fuel Mix, Meets API TC Performance Requirements, Should Not Be Used Where NMMA, BIA TC W3, Oil Is Recommended."

http://findnsave.oskaloosa.com/offer/Master-Mechanic-2-Cycle-Oil-1-Qt/26533894/

Fastgame, thanks for the Link, it's the same stuff.

Got it at O'Reilly with a spark plug socket for $1.08.

$5 off $5
laugh.gif

I hope this is on par with Pennzoil semi syn

I believe TC-W3 is intended for boat motors that run cooler and carbon up faster. Not a real requirement for air cooled OPE, aside from EPA regs. I would just mix it at 40:1 and run it.

Been running my Stihl for forty yrs on that stuff. Amongst other no name oils. I mix a rich 32:1 My brother has burned out 3 Stihls mixing them right. If you mix lean, the engine will perform better. More gas, less oil.I have sacrificed a bit of performance for cool running. Just a smidge that allows a lot of latitude in what you use for oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back