Massey ferguson GC1723E trans/hydro oil

I was talking to my dealer about fluids for my yearly change and the OE oil for the trans/hydro is permatran 821xl. However they said they use and sell mobil delvac 424 and any unit serviced there would leave with 424.
Anyone use 424?
Thanks

I have been using 424 since 2006 in my tractor. Using major brand products is the way to go. Chevron, Mobil, Shell etc.

Any J20C product will fit your bill.

I personally run Kendall 052 Plus in my fleet. It’s a bit better in terms of anti chatter and shear stability. (Meets the Kubota super UDT2 spec.)

Otherwise, any major brand would work. As mentioned above, shell, Mobil, etc.

I was talking to my dealer about fluids for my yearly change and the OE oil for the trans/hydro is permatran 821xl. However they said they use and sell mobil delvac 424 and any unit serviced there would leave with 424.
Anyone use 424?
Thanks
Just curious what your manual says?

I believe Mahindra for example specs a certain fluid from an oil company like this whereas Kubota and JD peddles their own.

Just curious what your manual says?

I believe Mahindra for example specs a certain fluid from an oil company like this whereas Kubota and JD peddles their own.
Permatran 821XL or equivalent has spec #but don't have manual right now

Permatran 821XL or equivalent has spec #but don't have manual right now

Most (if not all) major brands will meet 821XL right now.

I just checked Mobil, P66/Kendall, and Valvoline, Gulf… even my house brand. All mention it specifically. Shell and Chevron don’t mention it specifically, but chevron’s is vague, mentioning Agco. And Shell is probably just forgetful updating their new product data sheet.

Back