Marijuana company stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone bought any stocks in a marijuana dispensing company? Since its becoming legal in many states and countries, I was wondering if I should get stocks in a well established company now and hopefully make some money. Any suggestions would be great!! Thanks.

P.S. I did buy some stock in a company called New Age Beverage(NBEV) since motley fool was recommending it and was bullish about it!

Last edited:
I bought Canopy growth at $9 a share and sold a little while ago when it was in the high $30's I just play using my stock account and I do ok with it. I'd wait until the market correction that is coming and then buy strong companies that have been devalued with the market correction but haven't changed anything operationally and then ride the wave back up. I usually buy big companies like Coke/Apple/Google etc. on the lows and sell on the high's

Last edited:
Originally Posted by StevieC
I bought Canopy growth at $9 a share and sold a little while ago when it was in the high $30's I just play using my stock account and I do ok with it. I'd wait until the market correction that is coming and then buy strong companies that have been devalued with the market correction but haven't changed anything operationally and then ride the wave back up. I usually buy big companies like Coke/Apple/Google etc. on the lows and sell on the high's

Cool. Thanks, StevieC. I read about Canopy growth yesterday and it does look very promising. Wish I would have known about it when it was at $9!!!

You'll probably be able to buy weed on Amazon soon ... free and quick Prime shipping for dudes who are almost out of stash.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
You'll probably be able to buy weed on Amazon soon ... free and quick Prime shipping for dudes who are almost out of stash.
lol.gif

LMAO...probably counterfeit at that too!

Originally Posted by deven
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
lol.gif

LMAO...probably counterfeit at that too!

Next you'll see it sold by those wonky Chinese companies under brand names like JOYOLDELF or QUIDLOO or ZANGSHEN.

I expect the whole field to be oversold with excited idiots and charlatans.

Probably better to invest in Nabisco (Oreos) and Sony Pictures (Adam Sandeler movies)

Originally Posted by tig1
A very sick society.

agree....the idea you could actually stop people from weed when it's available all over anyway is ridiculous.

Weedstocks are highly volatile, catalysts such as legalization votes etc. produce extreme pump/dump scenarios or classical bubble waveforms. Please be careful if you decide to invest. Use some simple moving averages and trendlines to time your purchases (despite people saying you can't time the market, one can time MJ stocks). For example, WEED.TO/CGC used to use an oddball 100 day moving average for support (from 5-FEB-2018 through to 13-AUG-2018). More recently WEED/CGC was in a falling wedge pattern. The other thing is if /r/weedstocks is really excited & positive it is not the time to buy. Just my opinion, YMMV etc.

I'd put a grand (if I could) on it just as moral support for the concept.

Protestors should realise that their singular action isn't to change the world, but put some skin in the game.

Got a buddy who processes buys and sells for a huge fund business. That last 3000 points falling off the DOW was mostly retail investors selling. aka not smart money.

Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
I was going to buy TRTC a few weeks ago at .67 a share was up to 1.03 on Friday. Looks like its going back down today.

Originally Posted by Audios
Go TRTC!!! Ive been in for a few years and I think its only going to get better.

Just bought some at $0.87! Thanks for the information!

Originally Posted by deven
Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
I was going to buy TRTC a few weeks ago at .67 a share was up to 1.03 on Friday. Looks like its going back down today.

Originally Posted by Audios
Go TRTC!!! Ive been in for a few years and I think its only going to get better.

Just bought some at $0.87! Thanks for the information!

I'm wrapped up in some AMD stock as of right now... Maybe in the future ill hop on the TRTC.
As for legalization, I personally don't care. I feel like alcohol can be much more destructive than some pot.

As cheap as those stocks are, it's hard to imagine going too far wrong. I hear Tillray is a good choice. There was a recent surge in prices, but interest seems to have faded.
One little known fact. Until weed becomes legalized on the federal level, it will still prevent you from buying a handgun!
That's right, the question is right on the Federal NO-NO sheet, and it includes medical marijuana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back