Major FUBAR at Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ekpolk
What I don't get about the Ford fleet is why, generally, their models all seem to lag substantially behind their competitors in gas mileage. Take the Fusion, for example. Per the current EPA numbers, the I-4 Fusion gets the same mileage as a V-6 Camry; the V-6 Fusion is 3 mpgs worse than the V-6 Camry.

I-4 Cars: Camry 21/31 Fusion 20/28

V-6 Cars: Camry 19/29 Fusion 18/26

Got 23 in my 06 4 cyl Fusion on my last tank of gas. That was ALL city driving.

Two years ago this month, I bought the car brand new. I paid 18K which included the tax and all the other fees and financed it through Ford for 0 percent.

The car has been trouble-free. I enjoy driving it each day.

Perhaps your EPA numbers were those of the AWD 6 cylinder Fusion?

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: parimento1
let us not forget that the camry gets better gas mileage than the fusion while producing A LOT more power; especially on the
V-6 model.

It has 1/2 a litre more displacement. The Fusion 3.0L makes 221/205, and weights 3100lbs, the Camry 3.5L makes 268/248 and weighs 3263lbs. The math means that the Ford is making 74HP/L, the Toyota is making 76HP/L. Hardly epic. EPA for the Ford is 18/26, Toyota's is 19/28. Not a HUGE rift. But the pricing at the SEL and XLE level leaves a 3,000 dollar difference between the two, and likely could be made even greater, given the incentives and the like that Ford is offering right now.

Yes, greater if you take advantage of Ford financing opportunities of 0 percent like I did. You can factor in another huge savings this way.

Not the fusion, but similar, I have the 2.3L in my mazda6 and see 32 to 35mpg regularly on my trips and 30-31mpg on my work commute with a 5spd ATX (FNR5). With the SRI, the powerplant is more than adequate.

The Fusion is available with AWD. There's something the Camry doesn't have.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back