Maintenance for Husqvarna YTH22V42

Looking for some maintenance tips in regards to this new-to-me mower. 175 hours currently, unknown history. It runs perfect currently, but I could use opinions RE: oil and filter selection along with any other required items. I was planning on changing the gearbox fluid, only to find that the entire unit has to be removed for service a la Ford PTO units...

I figure it's probably due for plugs at this point, and an air filter. I'll do an oil change before I put it away for the season. For reference, I don't do any towing or heavy work with this machine, it mows a completely flat corner lot, maybe .3 acres total.

Looking for some maintenance tips in regards to this new-to-me mower. 175 hours currently, unknown history. It runs perfect currently, but I could use opinions RE: oil and filter selection along with any other required items. I was planning on changing the gearbox fluid, only to find that the entire unit has to be removed for service a la Ford PTO units...

I figure it's probably due for plugs at this point, and an air filter. I'll do an oil change before I put it away for the season. For reference, I don't do any towing or heavy work with this machine, it mows a completely flat corner lot, maybe .3 acres total.
Sure, may we get a Pic of the Mower?

That has a Briggs 22hp V-Twin. I tend to use 15w40 HDEO in power equipment, the brand doesn't really matter, whatever is on sale, and change it yearly. For filters I've been using the SuperTech ST3614 or Fram PH3614/TG3614 on these engines and they always look good. For spark plugs I just go with Champion RC12YC.

One thing I do recommend adding if it doesn't have one already is an inline fuel shut off valve. That way at the end of mowing season you can turn off the valve and let the carburetor run completely out of fuel before storage.

That has a Briggs 22hp V-Twin. I tend to use 15w40 HDEO in power equipment, the brand doesn't really matter, whatever is on sale, and change it yearly. For filters I've been using the SuperTech ST3614 or Fram PH3614/TG3614 on these engines and they always look good. For spark plugs I just go with Champion RC12YC.

One thing I do recommend adding if it doesn't have one already is an inline fuel shut off valve. That way at the end of mowing season you can turn off the valve and let the carburetor run completely out of fuel before storage.

Thank you for those recommendations, I was hoping someone knew the cross-reference for an automotive filter. .I'll pick up a ST filter and some HDEO.

Check for grease points on the mower deck spindles, also recommend removing and cleaning the deck at least yearly. Deck rust through often is the first thing to take these machines out of commission.

Back