Lucas UCL vs. Schaeffer Soy Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently use Lucas UCL with every fill up.

Does anyone have any experience with Schaeffer Soy Ultra Gasoline Additive?

I was wondering how it compares with Lucas UCL.

I can purchase Lucas UCL at the local Dollar General. I would most likely have to order the Schaeffer product.

I want to get some opinions before I make a long term commitment (several tank fulls).

I too use Lucas UCL with every fill up. Did not know that Dollar General carried it?

What size bottles do they have?

I would be interested too about the Schaeffer Products.

My Dollar General only carries the single dose bottles (not sure the actual size). The small bottle. It costs $3.75 off the shelf. More than $1 less than the same bottle at AutoZone.

I'm using Lucas UCL. I bought a gallon recently for around 24$ locally.
I havent noticed much from using *any* fuel additives. Maybe 1mpg increase while using Lucas UCL in my car.
I've used FP60,MMO, Redline SI-1, etc.

I'm sticking to the cheaper products for now. Schaeffers is too hard to purchase.

The MDS for Lucas UCL says it is just hydro treated heavy parafinic distillate. Just oil nothing else. Seems to me to be a complete rip off. Why would soy oil be better ?

Soy has been used in biodiesel for many yrs... It has shown to clean and lubricate very very well... It's gaining popularity within the gasoline additives... Thus FP60 Plus and Schaeffer's...

I myself would not ever expect any mpg increase from a liquid that I pour in my fuel tank... It's not Magic in a bottle... On the other hand... A MPG increase might come from a new Air Filter-Tune Up-New Injectors-Programmer-ect...

Lucas is what it is... A cheap additive...Does it work? I've never used it... I have read Hundreds of reviews with Schaeffer's and FP60 Plus--->All Positive Results...

My injectors within my 01 7.3L PSD has gone past 200K miles, which is really way beyond the average life span... I do credit this to the use of SoyPower and FP60... And good Oil Change Maintenance...

Do the research! The average car owner will not have any idea what really works or just don't care... They will just buy the cheapest products pour them in and forget about it... For the fact they will not be keeping their autos past 100K miles... Today's autos will go to 100K miles pretty easy with no issues if well maintained-->{But Few Are!} Those of us who keep our autos beyond that range, are the ones who do the research and dig deep to find the products that actually help prolong the life of the parts inside these expensive engines...

IMHO--Schaeffer's is by far the better product! It is a bit harder to purchase... But once again if you really care about your auto you will not mind taking the time to do the search to find it... It really don't take that long... Took me 5min on the internet...

Soy is a better lubricant and cleaner then what petrolium based products such as lucas is.

Lube control FP+ is Soy based. FP is not.

Both are great values for the money and the FP+ goes along way in qt containers. 1oz to 10 gallons conpared to 1oz to 5 gallons with the non Soy based FP.

I think this is a testement of Soy

Originally Posted By: lexus114
Every time I use the Lucas fuel additive, the car seems peppier. Could this be placebo affect? yeah, could be.

I agree. I keep a rotation of adds, including the Schaeffer's soy additive (Ive run $400 worth of schaeffer purchases in the past to get free shipping, so I have a lot of their products).

LUCL and Schaeffer's have substantially different "feels". LUCL is far more viscous. Sch's has a distinct scent to it.

I feel like Ive felt the pep with LUCL. Not so much with Sch's, though that is not what Im looking for in using an add.

Both seem to keep the fuel pump lubed and the engine running clean.

Ill bet the Sch. is a better product, but given so many OTC good products, including MMO and TCW-3, I dont see a compelling reason to go out and buy the Schaeffer's product (though I like it and will continue to do so), unless it is convenient locally or you can get a good shipping deal.

Its unfortunate, as Id really like to use Schaeffer's products for most everything. Ive had good experiences with everything they offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back