Lubeguard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lubegard red is simply an amazing product. I've used it in a 05 impala that shifted hard when hot and all symptoms went away completely. The Dex/merc alone was not cutting it, even after 3 drain and fills in a month. After adding to the trans it has only improved. That was over 25k miles ago and shifts like new. I wouldn't run a trans without it.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Wow that really is amazing.

That's why we have these forums, to spread the word on what works, what doesn't, and to give others advice when wrenching on our machines. Today I changed out a buddies alternator on a 3.8 Mopar van. No certs, just internet/hard knocks taught.

I use Dr shudder fix to determine if its actually shudder. But thats about all its good for, because it doesn't last very long. Many of the problems related to slip and shudder are helped out with a slightly thicker viscosity. So I prefer the platinum over the red. Because its thicker and has enhanced additives (according to reply from LG). Recently I've been adding a bottle of Lucas Transmission fix to exchanges. While not a fan of Lucas motor honey in the engine, the Lucas transmission fix product is awesome for shudder, slip, hard shifts. I use it to beef up very thin maxlife multi-vehicle when used in GM Dex VI transmissions.

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
I use Dr shudder fix to determine if its actually shudder. But thats about all its good for, because it doesn't last very long. Many of the problems related to slip and shudder are helped out with a slightly thicker viscosity. So I prefer the platinum over the red. Because its thicker and has enhanced additives (according to reply from LG). Recently I've been adding a bottle of Lucas Transmission fix to exchanges. While not a fan of Lucas motor honey in the engine, the Lucas transmission fix product is awesome for shudder, slip, hard shifts. I use it to beef up very thin maxlife multi-vehicle when used in GM Dex VI transmissions.

I was about to ask how come everyone is recommending LG red but not a single person recommended the platinum. I've used platinum and had great results.

Originally Posted by diyjake
Originally Posted by LeakySeals

I was about to ask how come everyone is recommending LG red but not a single person recommended the platinum. I've used platinum and had great results.

I think its because it can be used to convert Dex/merc into other highly friction modified fluids. My 4t65e probably doesn't like an atf+4 clone. But the red is great for most applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back