Lower Door Protection

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
My sister recently took delivery of a slightly used Corolla. She's looking for some protection for the general area shown in the pic she sent. Suggestions? Would the plastic film that is used to protect the hood and front bumper work?

1682665831285.jpeg

Last edited:
I have that dealer installed clear film in those areas on my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I forget what the dealer charged for it. (It was a dealer installed option, that was put on the vehicle before they sold it).

It was most likely way too much. But it does offer fairly good protection for door edges and the like. If you get it be sure to shop around for the best price. Dealerships are most likely going to charge the most.

I'm guessing window tint shops, or these places that do wraps would offer it. At least that's where I would start.

My Xterra came from the factory with 3m clear vinyl in a couple strategic locations to prevent rock chips. It works well, lasts a long time. I replaced it a couple years ago - it had yellowed after a decade - and the small pieces were pretty easy to apply - you need a couple spray bottles and a squeegee made for it - lots of youtube videos but just note the small pieces are much easier to apply - I had no problem getting the air bubbles out and it was my first time doing it - so don't let the full car videos scare you off.

You can buy different sized pieces on fleabay to meet your needs.

Back