Low price tires online site

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this online site, onlinetires.com, has most tires at lower price than any other online sites.

It carries many no-name tires mostly made in China but it also carries many brand names tires such as Michelin, GoodYear, Bridgestone, Continental ...

The tires' information is not as good as of TireRack, so that you should do research about which tire(s) you want to buy from TireRack.com and/or Discounttiredirect.com then go on onlinetires.com to check for price, get the total price includes shipping and tax for California people. Then contact Discounttiredirect.com or Discount-tire/America's tire stores to see if they would beat/match the price of onlinetires.com.

Note: For people who lives in Los Angeles area, you can pick up the tires at their location in Cerritos to save shipping cost.

Example:
CONTINENTAL Extreme Contact DWS size 235/45-17
onlinetires.com $87.67 + $7.76 shipping to 92603
discounttiredirect.com $127 (free shipping)
tirerack.com $122 + $18.85 shipping to 92603

Other brand names and/or sizes and/or number of tires when order may result in different shipping charge per tires.

Happy tires shopping
34.gif

Originally Posted By: Solo2driver
I used to live in Irvine (Woodbridge) in the early 80's...then again in the early 90's...then went to Concordia University near Turtle Rock....where are you?

Originally Posted By: QuOk
For prices that low they may be Blems.

I am not sure about this blemish for low price tires.

Originally Posted By: Captain_Klink
treadepot.com still has them beat.

CONTINENTAL Extreme Contact DWS size 235/45-17 at treadepot.com: $105 + $31.48 shipping

Originally Posted By: Solo2driver
I used to live in Irvine (Woodbridge) in the early 80's...then again in the early 90's...then went to Concordia University near Turtle Rock....where are you?

I live in Turtle Rock, it's a nice quiet place. Mainly because there is no business, only residential and only 2 streets into the area, 1 street on the west side and another street on the east side.

Back to the topic, I'm not saying this onlinetires.com has all tires at lower price, I said it has most tires at lower price. You should compare price from several stores and then contact some of them to see if they would beat the lowest price you found.

Last edited:
Their prices are very competitive. TreadDepot or DiscountTire will beat these guys if you call them.

Last edited:
I priced their tires and they were very good but the shipping charges to NY is a deal breaker.

Originally Posted By: Spartuss
Their prices are very competitive. TreadDepot or DiscountTire will beat these guys if you call them.

Just did this yesterday. My Discount Tire beat onlinetires.com after I sent them a link to the Traction T/A's.

I went to concordia for 2 years. nothing like a school where the dean is named Dean!
TireCrawler.com is a site I saw with really low prices. I couldnt find any lower, unless it was for brands ive never heard of. good luck with your search!

thats probably more true on the lower end tires. but the high end tires was a way better deal so the shipping wasnt an issue. if you can save $200 and pay $50 for shipping its better. i think i saw something about local pickup in orange county. tirecrawler.com is a new company so it sounds like theyre setting up affiliates to drop ship to, i dunno.

tirecrawler.com does not have local pickup option to save shipping charge and they charges $1.75 California Tire Recycling Fee per tire. Also, they carry only few brands not as many as onlinetires.

The main idea is, try to get the lowest total price online and get the local stores such as Discount Tires to match/beat that price.

Since onlinetires does not charge shipping for local pickup, I will print the total without shipping charge to see if my local America's Tire will match/beat that price.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
The main idea is, try to get the lowest total price online and get the local stores such as Discount Tires to match/beat that price.
Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner. Did this with a Treadepot price which had free shipping at the time on Gen. HP's, and therefore was the lowest price. Also figured the equivalent Wally install (LT rotation and balance, valves etc.) to get the total price, which DT beat. They just went to the internet in store, and confirmed price. Now if the lowest online price was plus shipping I would have added that to the cost.

If you don't have a DT/AT near you should give DT Direct (free shipping now) a chance to beat an online price, as mentioned on this board before, they've done it.

My local Goodyear will price match the online places. Obviously you have to go with Goodyear or Dunlop but it is still reasonable.

Not dumping on the local GY, but if they would open the Discount Tire scheduled for your area, Columbia SC, I'll about guarantee you would not look back at them (GY) after trying DT.

I know with the economy they have delayed opening some new stores, including one that would be closer to me. Fortunately the one closest now is only ~ 12 miles.

Why the online urge for something so expensive to ship?

SHOP online and BUY local! My local tire store guy will meat/beat any online price and then give better service.

If you ever have a problem the online thing is ridiculous.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
SHOP online and BUY local! My local tire store guy will meat/beat any online price and then give better service.

+1 +2 +3 +4

How many plusses can I add?

I haven't found any local tire store in my area(YET!)the will match an online tire store like DTD,TR,TP,Mavis etc. Although the tire stores in my area will price match one another as will the online stores will match one another. I check 3-5 online tire stores for prices(taking the order all the way to checkout) to get the best price while checking local dealers as well.

What I miss today by purchacing online is; the lifetime balance, rotation and flat repair but(although I relaize that I can purchace the services extra), by buying online and saving as much as I do, I'd rather just pay for a tire patch and balance when needed and rotate my own tires as I inspect the brakes or have to remove the tires for something anyway!

What I don't miss is the poor workmanship of many of the workers installing the tires. Scratched wheels/covers, over tightened lug nuts causing warpped rotors or I can't remove the lugs by hand, improperly balanced tires(having to return needlessly). Yes, sometimes it't the poor tires quality! Bad mouthing/sarcasim by workers getting paid poor wages.

I've become a smarter more informed shopper when buying tires because of the online tire stores and their customer review section. I've been buying tires for myself and helping family/friends make better choices. I have also been buying tires that have less balancing/quality issues and that have actually met my criteria per/vehicle rather than playing the guessing game and being dissatisfied and over paying for tires.

I have not found a local tire store that will match or beat tire prices since I started buying tires at Discount Tire. And, I can find NONE that's ZERO, that match DT's service after the sale. That includes lifetime rotation, balance, puncture repair and prorated roadhazard. State of the art balance equipment, lug torqueing, and the speed of getting these services done.

I did find another online service from American Tire that gives tire prices, some with free shipping, that links to local installers to give a final cost. On my next tire purchase I will use it as an additional resource to (TR, Treadepot, etc.) bring to Discount Tire. Not sure if it's been posted on this board before, maybe I should start a separate thread. Anyway here it is, seems decent, hope it helps. https://www.tirebuyer.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back