Looking to buy a pressure washer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
I would pass on that model. Parts availability isn't good and they are not very reliable.

Anything else in this price bracket (under $300) that's any good? I'm not partial to any particular brand. Just need something for the house, patios, etc. I'm tired of electric.

All of the pumps will be pretty light duty in that price range, so I would focus on getting a solid, serviceable engine. Anything Briggs or Honda will be reliable and easy to get parts for.

All of the parts including engine parts on that Homelite are supplied by TTI. While ereplacementparts.com does carry parts for them, they often go on back order for months at a time. A Briggs or Honda engine will have parts readily available for years and years.

After using for 5 hours or so the past 3 days, I'm so glad that I put T6 in it, as this engine is working HARD. So far working fantastic.

For what it's worth, I have a Briggs powered Craftsman pressure washer that I've used moderately for about 4 years now. I'd say 3-4 hours of use per year? Maybe that's pretty light.
smile.gif
I use it to clean siding, patio, garage door before painting, etc.

So far so good. It seems to take a couple more pulls to start than I'd like (unlike my Briggs powered mower which starts on the first pull every time), but once started runs very reliably and strong and restarts hot with no issues.

I don't have the model # with me, but it was a lower priced unit, silver body, black engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back