Looking for the plastic paper material name that you can print on

I have received items in the past that have had the instructions or relevant product data such as torque specs or drill bit tap sizes printed on a very very thin sheet of plastic. This allowed it to be used in a garage setting where it could get greasy or wet and then wiped off. Im looking for what this material would be called.

I have received items in the past that have had the instructions or relevant product data such as torque specs or drill bit tap sizes printed on a very very thin sheet of plastic. This allowed it to be used in a garage setting where it could get greasy or wet and then wiped off. Im looking for what this material would be called.

the stuff they used on projectors?

Try cutting sheets of the proper size from Tyvek. Write on it with durable marker and it will, be washable for a long time.

the stuff they used on projectors?
No. It’s like a normal color print sheet of paper except its printed on plastic. Think of those counter mats at the autoparts store that list all the tools you could rent. Except it’s much thinner.

For off the shelf labeling, the best I've found are TZe tapes from Brother for use in their label makers. They hold up to wellsite frac operations where grease, oils, acids and salt water are being spewed all over.

Avery Dennison also make medical device label paper that should work for this application:

Last edited:
Back