Load ratings, 107 vs 112

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did not like them either … not the best ride and what others mentioned …

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
OEM is 112V I think.

Worldwide, the Discovery 3 (or LR3, as it's known in North America) was available with a wider selection as OE fitment.
WZREMoR.png

What about 112H vs 112V? Just got off the phone with a local shop and they won't do the 112H since it 112V is OEM.

Really hard to find an AT in 255/60/18.

Last edited:
What about 112H vs 112V? Just got off the phone with a local shop and they won't do the 112H since it 112V is OEM.

Really hard to find an AT in 255/60/18.

I'm sure some shops are more picky than others, but Discount Tire didn't even question my choice of Terra Grapplers in 295/70/18 with a Q speed rating when the OEM tires were 275/70/18 with an S speed rating.

Yeah, I'm going to call around.

The two sets of Terra Grapplers on it are 112S rated, so 112MPH. Been running those for about 100k miles though and that speed rating seems to work. 112S is the minimum I will go. I'd also run H or T.

For anyone curious about why Nitto is keeping the originals and the G2 Terras around, I called them today. They have no intentions of adding more sizes to the G2 line, so if a size is currently only made in the original generation, it will remain in production. So that puts them back in the running...but $208 a tire. OUCH.

I need new tires for the LR3. Right now, it has Nitto Terra Grapplers, 255/60/18, 112V rating. The tire I want is a Hankook Dynapro ATM but it's a 107T. Would that be an issue?
Is your car top speed less than 119 mph ?

Is gross vehicle weight fully loaded is less than 8600 lbs ?

If yes to both the above, 107T is not an issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back