Lithium Ion battery use in my Can-Am F3S Spyder

Hey all,
I have a 2019 Can-Am Spyder F3S with a 1330cc triple engine. The OEM battery (Yuasa YTX24 AGM) has just passed the four year mark, and I tend to replace at that point just to be safe. Along with another Yuasa, I am considering this Shorai lithium ion:
My question about this Shorai is the power to run accessories. Connected/on with ignition are: Garmin GPS, (2) sets of aux LED lights and phone charger. These are connected to various switched accessory connections. Come cooler weather, I'll also have heated grips turned on. I have no constant on accessories, such as an alarm to drain the battery. I've never had issues with the OEM Yuasa YTX24HL. Will this Shorai do the trick, or am I better off staying with a high quality AGM battery? Thanks for any info. Jeff

Once the vehicle is running, the engine/alternator shoulders the load and the battery stabilizes the voltage a little bit. while the vehicle is off, 36AH is in line with a mid-sized car battery. Frankly, 2 gps units, a phone charger and 2 sets of LED lights does not present a significant draw at all. I can’t see heated grips needing more than 12 amps, and those will be a much larger pull in comparison. Still, it’s the alternator which must supply all the operating power.

idk much about how the lithium batteries add in their layer of charge controlling, but assuming the cells are properly designed for car battery use, the CCA and AH sizes look great.

Does the Can-Am charging system meet this battery spec., "Shorai Batteries require a charging system output of 13.1 Volts or higher at idle, and must not exceed 15.2 volts at maximum output."?

Does the Can-Am charging system meet this battery spec., "Shorai Batteries require a charging system output of 13.1 Volts or higher at idle, and must not exceed 15.2 volts at maximum output."?
Yes

I just played it safe and went with a good old Yuasa AGM. Thanks for the replies.

I understand the OP went with a standard battery.

But, just for comparison, the OEM Yuasa battery is 21Ah.

The Shorai is said to be 36Ah, "Lead-Acid equivalent" But a deeper dive into the battery seems to show that it's 80 watt hours per 6V "section" or 160 watt hours total, or about 13Ah.

This is no surprise. The Lithium batteries can crank out the power (by weight) in a way that Lead Acid batteries can't. So even the smallest 3 pound, LiFePO4 battery can start a big aircraft engine.

The "Lead-Acid equivalent" statement is not well defined. It may simply be a way to say this battery will start your engine, and run accessories like the lead acid of that size.

Just don't expect it to run your headlight, engine off, for the same number of hours as the battery with more capacity.

I see that I'm too late with a reply.

Having switched a couple of my motorcycles to Shorai lithium batteries, when they need replacement again, I'll be buying Shorai again, they've been great.

I have a F3. Charging system is calibrated for the AGM. No reason for any other battery IMO. BatteryMinder is your friend when it's in the garage. OEM battery is still in my '15. My SkiDoo's and HD batteries go 10 yrs. when in the garage on maintainers, only get changed at the 10 yr. mark.

Lithium batteries in motorcycles seem to die easier than lead batteries, they'll crank the bike just fine but you'll run out of juice sooner with a lithium battery

I never did see the point of getting a lithium battery

Back