Lets talk tea!

More specifically sun tea. What are your favorite brands and why?? I hadn't made any in a few years and made a batch yesterday. Tasted kinda off and old tasting. Used good filtered water. Used Red Diamond tea bags.

Don't need anything exquisite. Just good 'Ol American sittin on the porch drinking tea!

Also I prefer it unsweetened, if that makes a difference. And only sun tea. I don't want to brew it. Tom

Not a tea drinker, I don't want to look like a handbag from drinking it.
Can you use tea to tan hides?

Re: Tanning with tea? Yes, you can, but it takes a while. Basically, it's the same process as oak bark tanning, where you submerge the hide in a strong solution solution of the tea, leaves and all. Works best on small hides, and you will lose any hair from the animal.

I'm a tea drinker since I was a child. I use to drink black tea mixed with jasmine and tuberose (Agave amica). Years ago I got opportunities to try Darjeeling tea, Oloong, cherry flower tea from Japan and several exquisite kind of tea. Every kind of tea trigger distinctive feeling, jasmine makes me relax, while darjeeling makes me feel more energetic.

More specifically sun tea. What are your favorite brands and why?? I hadn't made any in a few years and made a batch yesterday. Tasted kinda off and old tasting. Used good filtered water. Used Red Diamond tea bags.

Don't need anything exquisite. Just good 'Ol American sittin on the porch drinking tea!

Also I prefer it unsweetened, if that makes a difference. And only sun tea. I don't want to brew it. Tom
Buy this online. Walters Bay, best tea I ever had!

Buy this online. Walters Bay, best tea I ever had!
So I took your advice and checked out Walters Bay’s website. Decided to order the raspberry iced tea bags. It was around 11 dollars for one package. A week later, a big box shows up with a handwritten note that says Thank you for your first order! It had a mug and just about every tea they make EXCEPT the one I ordered. Must have been someone else’s order. I was going to send it back and then figured the shipping would be nuts so I just reordered what I wanted and gave most of the other stuff away.
Anyway, I made the iced tea yesterday and it was great. Not a strong raspberry flavor but nice and the tea is very good. Thanks for the tip.

We have a local tea store called Tea Source they also are online. They carry over 200 teas. We make refrigerator tea. We have a iced tea picture which we add the tea to, and then place it in the refrigerator for 8 hours and then remove the tea leaves. The flavor we like is called Minnesota nice. It’s a blend of black and green tea with lemon grass and jasmine.

17th February 1947. The United States Board of Tea Experts assemble for the first time since 1942 to set up minimum standards for the eight to ten different types of tea that would be coming into the country the following year.

GGkTwHPXwAAr_gX

For the last couple of years I've been making iced tea with Luzianne tea bags. Real good flavor. Tastes good unsweetened.

While visiting China I learned about pu'erh ("red") tea, which is fermented or aged. The process takes the tannic edge off of black tea. Very rich tasting.

I like Bigelow plantation mint, now called simply mint or something. Great flavor and a hint of caffeine. I'm starting to like tea but my complaint is that many of the mint, or fruit flavor tea have odd herbal side flavors. One was a BlackBerry and sage. Sage belongs on Turkey or chicken not in tea.

Back