Let's play guess the repair estimate!

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
An elderly neighbor up the street took delivery of a new Camry on 9/30. A month later she got too close to something and scraped the passenger side rear door, slightly dinged the door sill, scratched the rocker cover, and gouged up the wheel. The door is pushed in some. AFAIK estimate did not include a new wheel. Guesses?
IMG_2495.jpg

Based on daughters recent door damage from delivery truck in similar area (used door) $4.5k potentially $5k depending on wheel fix.
$4400. That's my guess. Lots of labor and painting and and and and. Depending on, some might just replace the whole door.

Edit: given labor rates, it might even be cheaper to replace the door than to prep, de-dentify the door, and paint. Depends on what a door skin costs nowadays.

I'd like to bid $1, Bob
A door shell on Toyota parts is about $750 for a new Camry. Assuming I looked right. Add in prep and paint and my gut would say $2k but every time I need something like this, or home repair, the last couple years things feel like price gouging. So I'm going to stick with $4400 lol

I'd like to bid $1, Bob
Plus, you're paying book rates on reusing all the door parts and all that remove and reinstall. So, essentially, you're paying once to remove and once to reinstall. $100-200/hr labor rate when the book might say an hour to remove a speaker will add up.

In the infamous words of John Candy, that’ll buff right out! A small can of turtle wax rubbing compound, couple shop rags, couple squirts of nu finish done……20 bucks tops, excluding 30 minutes of labor! :sneaky:

7000bucks for 2 door skins, a remanufactuered wheel
and a fender(maybe rocker too).. on a 2020 elantra.

so ... prices are up about 25% I'd say 5k

Looks like some damage to the quarter, full side will need to be painted for blending including the rear bumper, etc. I'm guessing $8k ballpark.

I’ll say more than 5k less than 6k. By the way, damage such as this with an elderly driver is a red flag for considering that awkward conversation about turning in the keys. Like everything else it starts small and is not addressed until it becomes an issue.

Back