Leather seat replacement

My newly acquired 2002 Blazer needs just the leather replaced on the seat, not the back or any where else, drivers seat cushion only
And I'm not picky about a good match.
Does anyone have any idea what a shop would charge?
I really dont want to go the seat cover route, they never fit well.

The first thing I would do is dig deeply on the internet for NOS, or a lovingly cared for used one, because otherwise it will have to be custom made. See if you can also find the cushion because that will just be an improvement in comfort, while you've got it apart.

Once you find a cover, replacing it is a snap. Take the seat out and flip it over to look for all the hooks and fasteners. It's literally a 15 minute job once the seat is out. The seat back cover is much more of a wrestling match, but fortunately it doesn't sound like you're doing that.

I had a seat bottom done a few years ago. It was 125.00. I'm sure it's more now, but shouldn't be too bad.

My newly acquired 2002 Blazer needs just the leather replaced on the seat, not the back or any where else, drivers seat cushion only
And I'm not picky about a good match.
Does anyone have any idea what a shop would charge?
I really dont want to go the seat cover route, they never fit well.
Only way to find out. ;)

I'd look into an old fashioned beaded seat cover.

81C3v-19xJL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

It CAN be more expensive than you think. On my wife's M35 one auto upholstery shop wanted $610 to replace just the narrow strip on the side between the driver seat cover top and the power seat controls. I eventually paid $250 to another shop, and the OEM material was vinyl, not leather. On the other hand, I love the Roadwire leather seat covers I had installed on my Ridgeline. Excellent quality and fit, but maybe not in your budget. See www.roadwire.com.

Junkyard is probably your best bet. If not for the driver seat since it wears out the soonest, can you find a front passenger seat cusion and mod it into the driver's side?

I should have mentioned that I'm 75 years old and other then checking the oil,etc I do not work on cars anymore.
Mr. Plastic is now my mechanic.

Not sure if they have for the Blazer but I did the cushions and front seat covers in my Suburban with these guys. Awesome quality and easy.
Did my F150 drivers seat bottom with this. Came out nice. Almost factory look. Close enough.

I replaced my 04 MDX leather seats bottoms from ebay in 2020 for $315 + tax. Then traded the car in. It was a very nice leather seats. Did not get to enjoy much before the trade in.

Back