LC PLUS vs. MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the labels of LC PLUS and MMO, it seems they do similar things.

Using a delivered cost of $60/gallon for the LC PLUS and $19/w tax for the MMO, they are very close in final cost per gallon. I got $.05/gal. for the LC and $.06/gal for the MMO. 1oz./gal and 4oz./gal treat rates, respectively.

Back when Terry Dyson was here, LC was up on the pedestal just like MMO is today.

Is there any useful discussion why many here are goo goo over the MMO and LC PLUS has fallen off the radar? Does anyone care to express why they think one is better than the other in performance?....just looking for educated discussion here.

Over the counter availability of MMO is one of its advantages.

Ahh....FP Plus at 1oz/ 10 gal. and MMO at 4oz./10 gal.

In my best Napoleon Dynamite impersonation...."idiot"

Originally Posted By: doitmyself

Using a delivered cost of $60/gallon for the LC PLUS and $19/w tax for the MMO,

MMO is only $12 bucks a gallon at China-Mart.

Last edited:
LC/FP is great stuff, always has been. It is still my add of choice - the benefit of it, as I recall Terry claiming from significant UOAs, was that while most other adds show increased soft metal wear due to solvency and the adds making their way into the engine due to solvency and incomplete combustion. Fp did not show that trait set, even with high od, and was good for cleaning, lubricity, and fuel stabilization. The issue is really that it is not readily available...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back