Lawnmower 2cycle and 4cycle fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jakewells
i use regular 87 with out problems and don't use stabil my equipment always starts and runs fine. i don't see the need or hype in premium at the pump or canned fuel sold in stores.

If ethanol works for your equipment, storage, and usage pattern, and a million other variables, great, and congrats on your luck
smile.gif

It's not Hype, and it's not the "premium" octane rating that is advantageous, it's the fact that it's pure wholesome gasoline with no alcohol. The fact that marinas exclusively sell ethanol free fuel should be a clue.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SOHCman
It's not Hype, and it's not the "premium" octane rating that is advantageous, it's the fact that it's pure wholesome gasoline with no alcohol. The fact that marinas exclusively sell ethanol free fuel should be a clue.

Again that is not always the case. The marina here in Milwaukee sells only E10. So do other marinas in EPA non-attainment areas.

I hear all the time that E10 is bad for small engines.Friends will go out of the way to go to the only station that sells non ethanol gas. Me I have no issues in any small engine. None. I run E10. Year old gas starts right up. Dont know what the issue is. I do however run a little TCW3 in all the gas for the small fry. Maybe that's all you need.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: SOHCman

Again that is not always the case. The marina here in Milwaukee sells only E10. So do other marinas in EPA non-attainment areas.

I must have missed that, how unfortunate for local boat owners.

Again, you CANNOT prove anything with a lack of evidence. How lucky you are to not have issues with your OPE.
smile.gif
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back