Last Honda mowers being sold

So with Honda recalling all its mowers for retail sale because of the defective camshaft, would you buy one after the new camshaft was installed? I don’t know if stores like Home Depot and Lowes just send back the mowers in the box to the factory? I stopped at an authorized Honda dealer and the sales man they have 30 in stock and their mechanics is doing the camshaft recall on their units. I guess the quality of the job would be up to the individual mechanic at these dealers. I think I would rather buy a unit that was sent back to Georgia for repair. What’s your take on this situation?

Most people that buy from a dealer get it serviced by the same dealer. Home depot/Lowes don't have a repair facility, so they probably just ship them back. These engines aren't rocket science, and I'm sure a camshaft is a cake walk for most of the dealer service guys. I would take the mower either way.

I would assume that Honda is going to fix the buttload they have on hand and sell them. I have one on order and and am hoping they will eventually fill that order. Last chance to get one I guess

I would definitely buy one of those from a pro shop and register the serial number a date of purchase with Honda.

Back