Kroger charcoal aka Royal Oak on sale…

Just a heads up that Kroger has charcoal on sale for $8.99 a 15 pound bag.

But here’s the kicker… It’s Royal Osk charcoal in a Blue Kroger bag. I know this by the shape of the charcoal briquettes and… Most importantly when I used them yesterday I recognized that great smell of Royal Oak Charcoal briquettes…. Exactly the same great smell. Exactly.

Only one charcoal has a better smell when smoking in my opinion. That is Kingsford Harwood Briquettes.

I really like Royal Osk charcoal and I’m very glad to find it in a good sale.

Also Food Lion charcoal is Royal Oak charcoal too. Exact same shape briquettes has Royal Oak. Saw that tonight when I was just in there. Not on sale there at this time.. But I will get it from there too when it’s on a good sale.

My calico cat approves of this charcoal and post..,

Attachments

• IMG_0370.jpeg
    IMG_0370.jpeg
    188.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Just a heads up that Kroger has charcoal on sale for $8.99 a 15 pound bag.

But here’s the kicker… It’s Royal Osk charcoal in a Blue Kroger bag. I know this by the shape of the charcoal briquettes and… Most importantly when I used them yesterday I recognized that great smell of Royal Oak Charcoal briquettes…. Exactly the same great smell. Exactly.

Only one charcoal has a better smell when smoking in my opinion. That is Kingsford Harwood Briquettes.

I really like Royal Osk charcoal and I’m very glad to find it in a good sale.

Also Food Lion charcoal is Royal Oak charcoal too. Exact same shape briquettes has Royal Oak. Saw that tonight when I was just in there. Not on sale there at this time.. But I will get it from there too when it’s on a good sale.

My calico cat approves of this charcoal and post..,
I use that as my feed coals - start with Kingsford for easy light and then put Royal Oak on top - then whatever chunks … Feed RO as needed if a slow cook … Mesquite, pecan, oak etc …

Makes sense to clear the product since the charcoal grilling season is coming to an end in many areas.

Makes sense to clear the product since the charcoal grilling season is coming to an end in many areas.

I could be wrong here but I think this circumstance is like the one with East Pann batteries… Where EP sells their exact same battery to Napa, Federated Auto parts etc etc with a sticker that matches those other stores. Yet it’s the same exact battery if you were to buy from a direct East Penn battery store.

I would be willing to bet that Kroger and Food Lion and Dollar General all have a standing contract with the company who makes Royal Oak to make charcoal branded for their stores.

Back