Knipex XL Needle Nose Pliers

https://www.knipex.com/en-us/produc...edle-nose-pliers-set-keeper-pouch/9K0080128US

1685992155622.png

1685992167627.png

This is the two piece XL Needle Nose Pliers Set – Part #’s 28 71 280 and 28 81 280

They are light, compact and have well-aligned jaws. The grips are decent but probably best suited for those who wear size M gloves or smaller.

I think these can be excellent needle-nose pliers if they are used for their intended purpose(s). Problem is, many North American mechanics tend to use their needle nose pliers for hose clamps and other neanderthal things – which these pliers fail miserably at.

I know I risk sounding like a Snap-On fanboy for saying this, but the Snap-On Talon Grip Needle Nose pliers are much more effective for “typical automotive needle-nose plier situations.” They simply grip better.

So, these are going in my back-up roadside tool kit. If anyone is interested in buying them, send me a PM.

Isn’t the roadside took kit exactly where you would need a set for hoses?

I’ve never used a needle nose on a hose clamp. I’m not even sure what kind would use that as an ideal option. Any clamp of substantial size I use an actual locking tool, and any small ones that are constant tension I use slip joint pliers which have a wider bite area….

I’ve never used a needle nose on a hose clamp. I’m not even sure what kind would use that as an ideal option. Any clamp of substantial size I use an actual locking tool, and any small ones that are constant tension I use slip joint pliers which have a wider bite area….
The Snap On needle nose pliers work great for the small spring ones on vacuum/coolant hoses.

Instead of buying those, you could've bought the 87 01 250 that I wanted you to buy. :(

https://www.knipex.com/en-us/produc...edle-nose-pliers-set-keeper-pouch/9K0080128US

View attachment 159605
View attachment 159606

This is the two piece XL Needle Nose Pliers Set – Part #’s 28 71 280 and 28 81 280

They are light, compact and have well-aligned jaws. The grips are decent but probably best suited for those who wear size M gloves or smaller.

I think these can be excellent needle-nose pliers if they are used for their intended purpose(s). Problem is, many North American mechanics tend to use their needle nose pliers for hose clamps and other neanderthal things – which these pliers fail miserably at.

I know I risk sounding like a Snap-On fanboy for saying this, but the Snap-On Talon Grip Needle Nose pliers are much more effective for “typical automotive needle-nose plier situations.” They simply grip better.

So, these are going in my back-up roadside tool kit. If anyone is interested in buying them, send me a PM.
Why would anyone try to remove hose clamps with those? I have seen and tried the Talon Grip, they are decent but nothing I would spend that kind of wood for. They are needle nose pliers not general all around pliers like regular slip joints.

Why would anyone try to remove hose clamps with those? I have seen and tried the Talon Grip, they are decent but nothing I would spend that kind of wood for. They are needle nose pliers not general all around pliers like regular slip joints.
When you have a clamp in a tight spot that is deep in an engine bay, long needle nose pliers is the quickest way IME. Otherwise, you have to use those remote cable-operated pliers.

Snap-on also sells Talon Grip regular pliers. The LN46ACF and LN47ACF are the needle-nose; the 46ACF and 47ACF are non needle-nose.
Still, too expensive for me.

The Knipex you have there - much less flex in the handles than some HF specials I’ve had for years. Sometimes that matters.

Back