Kia EV6

My cousin just picked one up. I gave her a ride and stuck around just in case something went wrong and it wasn’t delivered as expected. Looks pretty nice, but I basically just stuck around the dealer while they handled the paperwork at another office in the dealer's network. I only saw it from the outside.

MY Drive mode. Illuminates as "MY" and ambient is a dark purple. It allows you to tune steering, power output, traction settings, suspension settings, diff responsiveness, all independent of one another. You can use cruise control in MY mode, and you cam effectively mirror GT mode with the settings available. Or GT mode with traction control. And maybe Sport or Normal suspension stiffness. Whatever makes you happy, you can do.
I drive my IONIQ 6 in MY DRIVE mode with aggressive settings. Also put regen in Auto mode at level 1.

Just checked out a Kia EV6. Very nice looking car.

Not only that but hands down Consumer Reports rates the Kia EV6 with a Score of 91 which is top score, also top in reliability (that no one else comes close) and consumer satisfaction which others do match. Truly amazing a score of 91 is 7 and 10 points above the closest next 2 scoring and the Tesla Model Y rates a 73 in the same category placing it 6th.

Challenge I have with Kia is the dealerships are disgusting locally.

They were not interested in people like myself who could care less on monthly payment /down payment and asked about bottomline. They prey on desperate people who they can make more money of:

Challenge I have with Kia is the dealerships are disgusting locally.

They were not interested in people like myself who could care less on monthly payment /down payment and asked about bottomline. They prey on desperate people who they can make more money of:

I tend to agree that most car dealers are predators. The key is like yourself, be informed or use a car buying service, Sams Club, Costco, Amazon, True Car... the information is out there. Unfortunately people, well ... you know. I doubt that will ever change, lawsuits will help limit it but not end it. We also have to understand some consumers have horrendous credit scores and wouldnt be able to buy anything unless ... well... I dont know.

Dont misunderstand my post. I agree with you. I hate the dealership experience but being a bit older now, I'll tell it like it is to any dealership and to knock it off. I to do not need payments or BS ad ons. It's why I like to find the car online first. Then go to the dealer and say give this one to me at the posted price. If you go in "unprepared" you are a steak in a meat market.

Even when prepared ... as an example, I bought a GM Certified Traverse, 24,000 miles at the time (which we love) some time ago. Found it online at the height of Covid. $500 online discount too. Went to dealer, salesperson great, no one there because Covid. Went over the paperwork after sitting there 20+minutes waiting for it to be done, salesperson comes back, even though it was already mentioned, OOPS! after going over the sales agreement line by line, guess what?" They forgot the $500 online discount, in fact I had to bring it up on my phone again. Salesperson goes back to the "sales booth" 20+ minutes later comes back with the proper paperwork.
It wasnt as simple as I typed it, he made a few trips back and forth to the "sales booth" asking me for where I saw it. They knew, it was right on their website, there were playing dumb because they got caught.

Last edited:
I tend to agree that most car dealers are predators. The key is like yourself, be informed or use a car buying service, Sams Club, Costco, Amazon, True Car... the information is out there. Unfortunately people, well ... you know. I doubt that will ever change, lawsuits will help limit it but not end it. We also have to understand some consumers have horrendous credit scores and wouldnt be able to buy anything unless ... well... I dont know.
The challenge is these low life Kia dealers are the only place for service. Only EV appears to have an independent garage locally is Tesla. A YouTuber named Rich’s Rebuilds is part of ownership of it.

Back