K&N SS series Washable "Lifetime" oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my industry, Viton is the usual elastomer, although we do downgrade to nitrile sometimes. If we want to get serious about it, we bump up to Kalrez.

After thinking about this a bit, I would consider a filter like this if I had a bypass system and the car was going to be something I kept for a long time...

Regarding the FAA approval, to me it would be more interesting if the engine manufacturers aproved it as well. Say Continental and Lycoming.

Originally Posted By: Brons2
Regarding the FAA approval, to me it would be more interesting if the engine manufacturers aproved it as well. Say Continental and Lycoming.

One way to cut way back on wasted materials and landfill debris from oil conventional oil filters would be for car manufactures to adopt a cleanable filter like this for all cars. Someday it might happen.

I have a whole cabinet of Super Tech from Walmart $2.80 ea. since when is it more convenient to use and clean the good china when you could just use Chinette and throw them away after the picnic?

Last edited:
Hey, Brons2:

Lycoming, and Continental, wouldn't fuss too much, as the OEM oil strainers aren't as high a micron filter as the K$N/PurePower filter.

Originally Posted By: Brons2

Very pretty and very expensive. I like the idea but but I'd still balk at the price.

Would be interesting to see some UOAs with particle counts using this type of filter though.

You'd think for that kind of money, they'd give you a nut on the bottom.
grin2.gif

Not a big fan of washable oil filters...it's too easy to get the dirty side stuff onto the clean side at washing time.

At $219.00, that's a 355,000 mile ROI vs a Purolator Classic every 5K and that doesn't include the cost of the solvent and time. P.T.Barnum was right.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back