JWS 3309, what would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use either Maxlife or Castrol Full Synthetic ATF
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Californiabob
since it's only 3 quarts go for it.

15K is way too quick. but you may drive the car HARD in which case, I'd change the
brake fluid, and motor oil just as frequently.

and if you decide for maxlife - Walmart has it for under 4.50 per quart in the gal container.

and I've used it in aisin transmissions with NO but minis may be different.

The engine is a tiny, high-pressure TGDI... it's on a 5k OCI.

Brake fluid every 2 years.

The entire ATF system is about 6 quarts, so if I replace 3 quarts every 20k miles, the fluid will stay fairly clean, which is what I'm after.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
^ Where do you buy it from and how much?

The Pennzoil? I get it a Pep Boys. It's $3.90 a quart.

Last edited:
Minis are the hardest baddest vehicles to work on - there is no way you want to screw up on the transmission.
I was told by a mechanic it costs $1600 labor to replace a alternator on those tiny boxes.
Sticking with T-IV/3309 and maintaining a faster drain/fill (given its capacity is 6Q) is IMO best option.

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuy
Minis are the hardest baddest vehicles to work on - there is no way you want to screw up on the transmission.
I was told by a mechanic it costs $1600 labor to replace a alternator on those tiny boxes.
Sticking with T-IV/3309 and maintaining a faster drain/fill (given its capacity is 6Q) is IMO best option.

Agreed. Certain things are pretty easy. But anything on the passenger side of the engine is brutal.

Order a case of 6 quarts of Mobil 3309 for $50 from “The Lubricant Store” (I don’t trust random Amazon sellers for something as important as this). This should get through the first and perhaps that second drain and fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back