John Deere premixed coolant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the JD pre-mix and the concentrate in my 95 PSD. When you finish changing your coolant, make sure to test your SCA levels. I personally don't use it in a gas engine because of the SCA's.

smile.gif

Yeah, but their website says this...

"Heavy-duty diesel engine coolant must be used. Do not mix automotive coolant and heavy-duty diesel engine coolants. Automotive coolants are not blended with an additive package to prevent cylinder liner cavitation."

So I would think it would not be wise to use it in a gasoline engine.

G 05 is a fully formulated coolant, and is pre-charged for use in diesel engines. On Zerex's website, it says this.

http://www.valvoline.com/pages/products/product_detail.asp?product=10&section=404

under the FAQ, john deere uses G 05 chemistry as the factory fill for 1990 and newer, and its died green. If Zerex's G 05 is the same as John Deere coolant, then I see no problem using it in a gasoline engine. G 05 is perhaps one of the best track-proven coolants out there-- mercedes has been using it for years with no trouble.

Cool-Gard concentrate

This long life coolant, which was specially developed for heavy-duty diesel engines, can also be used in all gas engines with aluminum blocks.

----------

Hmmm. I have never liked how clear Zerex G-05 is. There is a local John Deere dealer where I live. Perhaps I might get a couple of jugs from them and flush my clear G-05 out.

I believe it can be used in both. The difference is mainly silicate levels are lower for diesel usage. But if the regular antifreeze is in the same price range I would just use that.

Thanks for the link Ray H. I can't seem to find any info on what colors the dye are available in. I thin it would be easier just to use John Deere G-05 green coolant.

I have no idea what Zerex was thinking when they made G-05 so **** clear. It would be very hard to track down a leak if one existed. They claim G-05 is the direct replacement of conventional green coolant so hopefully they will start dying it green one day lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back