Jiffy Lube strikes again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
After reading the above posts, I will always change my own oil.

ALWAYS!
I had a friend whose engine in Nissan Sentra died. He went to Wal Mart to change oil. They did not tighten filter properly. By the time he got home, engine died.

Originally Posted by edyvw

ALWAYS!
I had a friend whose engine in Nissan Sentra died. He went to Wal Mart to change oil. They did not tighten filter properly. By the time he got home, engine died.

My question did they replace his engine for him?

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted by edyvw

ALWAYS!

My question did they replace his engine for him?

Yes. After several months of back and forth, and actually they paid rental vehicle he used.
He did the right thing and tow vehicle to local Nissan dealership immediately. Did not attempt to figure out on his own as he realized it must be related to oil change. So dealership took photos of filter etc.
He said that people in dealership told him: nothing new, we saw it before. It seems like they already knew how to document everything what went wrong, no one really got excited over it.

On the RT platform Town and Country the premium EVIC in the instrument cluster does the following when there's low oil pressure:

"This light indicates low engine oil pressure. The
light should turn on momentarily when the engine is
started. If the light turns on while driving, stop the
vehicle and shut off the engine as soon as possible. A
chime will sound for four minutes when this light turns
on."

Four minutes of a chime and they didn't pay attention to that?!!!! I don't believe it.

Even with the base cluster, which his van wouldn't have, it still shows a light in the tach and makes a chime.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dave1251

Do the math Jiffy Lube made more money today then you have in your life and it will do it again tomorrow. Also you should take business course and not focus on math because apparently you do not understand how franchises with. Now do the math.

OK, I got it. You compare ME, an INDIVIDUAL, to JL, a large company. But if you want to play that game though, lets do it!

"In my life" I passed 7 figures years ago, and i have multiple 7 figures now. You really think JL made "in a day" what I have accumulated in my life???

DO THE MATH.

For your reading pleasure:

Controversy
In 2003, Jiffy Lube was the focus of a KNBC investigative report that alleged that Jiffy Lube was charging customers for services not performed. During the investigation, five out of nine Jiffy Lube locations charged undercover reporters for work that was not performed.[12] After the investigation aired, Jiffy Lube claimed to perform sweeping changes to their training program to prevent this; however, according to an interviewee, those training changes included how to spot investigative journalists. At the end of the investigation, Jiffy Lube installed cameras in their stores to allow customers to observe repairs.[13][14]

In 2009, Jiffy Lube was found to be performing repair procedures on vehicles that were recommended against by the manufacturer due to the potential to cause engine damage. These procedures included engine flushes and fuel injection cleaning which can cause engine and fuel injection problems.[15]

In May 2013, Los Angeles Jiffy Lube locations were again the subject of a KNBC investigation. The station reported that not only had fraudulent practices again been detected at the majority of investigated Southern California Jiffy Lube stores, but the current fraud was worse than that found in the original investigation
.[16]

DO THE MATH.

Took the wife's scion in to Jiffy Lube yesterday in San Antonio.

Purchased the $24.99 groupon for Pennzoil conventional 5w20 and filter.

In and out in 30 minutes, guys took a look at cabin filter and air filter, and said everything was fine, no further recommendation.

Everything was done fine.

Originally Posted by JustinH
Took the wife's scion in to Jiffy Lube yesterday in San Antonio.

Purchased the $24.99 groupon for Pennzoil conventional 5w20 and filter.

In and out in 30 minutes, guys took a look at cabin filter and air filter, and said everything was fine, no further recommendation.

Everything was done fine.

I'm not surprised for reasons unknown a lot of people don't understand each franchise will have different standards of quality and service. For a while the Jiffy Lube's here used a off brand "synthetic blend" instead of Pennzoil and Mobil One was the synthetic offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back