Jenner Crash Video Released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Setting aside the person involved in this accident do you really think that any accident that results in a fatality should automatically result in someone being charged as a criminal? Drunk, high, distracted, etc. can all be factors, which CAN result in criminal penalties, but sometimes accidents happen. They can be tragic and ruin lives yet we seem to want to maximize the number of lives ruined as some form of societal revenge.

When did we become such a punitive, unforgiving bunch?

Reckless driving, inattention, texting, etc. are choices made by a driver and are not valid causes of "accidents". They're causes of crashes. There are very few accidents. A deer running full bore out of the woods into the path of a car is an accident. A boulder falling onto the highway is an accident. I have 2 little granddaughters without a father, a 26 year old daughter-in-law widow, and a devastated wife. Where does accountability factor into your equation? For the record, forgiveness doesn't negate moral and civil obligations as the result of chosen actions. In the Jenner crash at least there will be monetary compensation available which like it or not is the only form of meaningful compensation that the perp can offer to the survivors. "I'm really sorry" doesn't offer much comfort. When you've had a loved one senselessly taken your definition of "accident" is very different.

To directly answer one of your questions yes I think if a person is responsible for the death of another they should be charged criminally.

DBMaster, and everyone else, thanks for the thoughts and I'm truly thankful your daughter is recovering.

I'll share 2 things:

1. Whatever opinion you may have about this type of thing will be different if you have to live it. Guaranteed.

2. At 10 months since my son was killed the struggle to get myself through the day as well as being there for my wife, daughter, granddaughters, and daughter-in-law I have nothing left to concern myself with the legal, financial, or psychological problems of the man responsible. Whatever he and his have to deal with is a grain of sand in a bucket compared to what he carelessly forced on me and mine.

Jeff, I really appreciate your sharing. Aside from, I hope, helping in your recovery it also reminds me that it takes a bit more restraint than I thought when expressing opinions in this type of venue. I see a lot of very heated posts taking place and plenty of name-calling. I cannot imagine what you went through. The closest I can come is the morning after getting the call in the middle of the night from my daughter's friend's mom in Houston. After discussing with my ex I got online and looked up the news in Houston. They were showing scenes from the crash and when I saw what the Jeep Liberty the kids were in looked like I became ill. It did not look like the kind of an accident that would have been survivable.

People can be so careless, thoughtless, and selfish. Sometimes I just want to take people out of their cars and throttle them when I see them driving for miles with the turn signal on because they are too busy with their conversations or texts.

It doesn't look like Howe had braked hard nor did it look like she had her foot on the brake after she was pummeled

Originally Posted By: whip
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Setting aside the person involved in this accident do you really think that any accident that results in a fatality should automatically result in someone being charged as a criminal? Drunk, high, distracted, etc. can all be factors, which CAN result in criminal penalties, but sometimes accidents happen. They can be tragic and ruin lives yet we seem to want to maximize the number of lives ruined as some form of societal revenge.

When did we become such a punitive, unforgiving bunch?

If you are CARELESS in your behavior while driving it is NOT an accident. In MOST cases collisions happen because the motorist is being careless in some way. I'm almost certain that Bruce Jenner was on the phone or texting at the time the crash occurred. The interesting part is why the HP are not releasing the details of that. Yep, could be undue influence, that wealthy hollyweird types use.

We had a former member named antiqushell. He was an expert on Bruce Jenner and this accident. You and he shared many views on this accident. He was banned a day or so before you joined. It's a shame, because I think you two would have gotten along very well.

+2.

After viewing the video, it's obvious that Jenner was at fault due to inattentive driving and/or not being able to brake in time. He should be charged with vehicular homicide. I highly doubt it was a vehicle malfunction ... it was a driver malfunction.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Searched and hadn't seen it posted. What I can't understand is how Jenner has not been charged with at least some traffic/moving violation, not to mention causing the death of another motorist? Another example of money/(status?) talking?

Look at this video ... the animation recreation is exactly like the video sayjac posted. Video below also says that the white Lexus never hit the black Prius as first thought, as now seen in these new videos. "Ms." Jenner is probably gonna get slapped for vehicular homicide. What would "she" do in jail?

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Was Jenner on the cell phone and wasn't paying attention?

Accidents happen in a blink of an eye.

That is the question, (or texting) or putting on his war paint (in his case make up)

Even though this is a continuing investigation I don't see why the CHP couldn't release this information to the public. You don't think there is
certain influence going on to stop the release of this information do you?
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back