Jeep Grand Cherokee

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have been looking for an older clean Jeep GC for about the last 6 months. I need to be able to haul more people. I found plenty of beat up examples that still ran good. Then yesterday I found a real clean 99 4x4 Limited with maintenance records since new. 4.7L V-8 and perfect leather interior. 135k on the clock. A few minor blemishes on the paint but not bad at all. My long hunt finally paid off. I love these Jeeps. These things run forever and still pull down 20+mpg freeway. They do have little quirks but nothing I can't handle. This will be my 41st vehicle and my 4th Jeep. I have some time to plan out what fluids I am going to run. The seller had just changed every single fluid in the thing. He should be a member here. He would fit right in.

Sounds like a great find; I have always liked the various generations of the GC.

2c88fefc56439a0f140b11c2e26ce6ec.jpg

5c2ce0db90e8a6aeafadb6a4327e129c.jpg

Looks good. How much?

Btw - if you want new leather seats, check out the seat shop (they have lots of YouTube bids). I put a new seat bottom cover and bolster on my Yukon. Looks like a new car now

$3950 and well worth every penny. I have seen the replacement seats for sale before. They run around $300+ each. These are like new though.

Last edited:
KCJeep I see you run the FL-1A on your 4.0. I think that filter will work on the 4.7 too if I'm not mistaken. I need to do a cross reference.

Originally Posted By: HM12460
Is the 4.7 as reliable/durable as the older 5.2 (318)?
I have seen the 4.7 run well over 300k miles. Many I saw for sale when looking for this one were over 200k and still ran great. I was never a fan of the 318.

Great looking find. Patience always pays off. Great and versatile vehicle that has a lot more left for you.

BTW, we used to run a fleet of 318's and their near identical twin the 360. They seemed no better or worse than anything else we have used...

So I was going through all the nooks and crannys today in the Jeep. I ran across a little notebook that has every single service and repair. It ends with the last oil change. AWESOME find!!!
fc3e2a10b510fc5fba5f4b06e838cd23.jpg

Thanks! I took the Wife for a ride tonight She loves it. That's always a big plus. In the notebook I found that most of the A/C system was replaced 3,000 miles ago. It blows real cold.

That is a $8K jeep here in NY! I have been toying around with the idea of a v8 WJ for a tow vehicle.

Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
Originally Posted By: HM12460
Is the 4.7 as reliable/durable as the older 5.2 (318)?
I have seen the 4.7 run well over 300k miles. Many I saw for sale when looking for this one were over 200k and still ran great. I was never a fan of the 318.

To me, the biggest advantage of the 4.7 over the 318 is the 4.7 is attached to a transmission that isn't made of chewing gum and paperclips; the 545RfE transmission can actually make 100K ... the 42REs and 44REs are junk.

They do have ECU issues, though.

The rear suspension design on them is pretty cool, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back