It's Clean Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted by Geauxtiger
I knew you were from Avoyelles. We've chatted here before. You are not far from Simmesport are you?
I live near the south end of False River. A little spot in the road called Oscar. Only half mile or so from the old Bonaventure's Landing.

I used go water skiing at FR when l was younger. That place is always packed on the summer weekends.
What is the fishing like there? That's something l always wanted to do there, go fishing.

Bass size is really ramping up after the last few years of dredging the N and S ends of the lake. Also, the fall water level drawdowns have helped a lot. It is not far from re-claiming trophy lake status.

Sac-o-Lait (crappie for the yankees reading this) fishing is really picking up now. Plenty of them and good size too.

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
I knew you were from Avoyelles. We've chatted here before. You are not far from Simmesport are you?
I live near the south end of False River. A little spot in the road called Oscar. Only half mile or so from the old Bonaventure's Landing.

I used go water skiing at FR when l was younger. That place is always packed on the summer weekends.
What is the fishing like there? That's something l always wanted to do there, go fishing.

Bass size is really ramping up after the last few years of dredging the N and S ends of the lake. Also, the fall water level drawdowns have helped a lot. It is not far from re-claiming trophy lake status.

Sac-o-Lait (crappie for the yankees reading this) fishing is really picking up now. Plenty of them and good size too.

I usually use crickets for sac a lait, or a beetle spin. Bass, l like using a 1/2-3/4 oz Rattle Trap, silver with a black back stripe. Boy, they like those a lot!

Son went out on False River this morning in a canoe. In all the wind and cool-ish temps since a cold front is moving thru. He managed to catch 4 bass in the 15" ballpark. Caught'em on a June bug color (I would call it blue) plastic worm.

BOF. . .I've heard you talk about your truck before, but I don't recall having seen pics 'til today--very nice-looking rig ya got. I like to see people take pride in their stuff. Good job on raising your son--apparently it was done right! --Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back