It Happened On Fifth Ave -1947

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't take NYC, then just don't go. We have plenty of folks here doing well and being happy about it. Tourists sure seem to love it as they just keep coming back. Tourism is a huge business there.

Lots of commuters come in every day to work, some suffering a rather long trip. You can make an awful lot of money working in the city.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
I have no desire to EVER go to NYC .

OT:You might want to consider why millions of others do.

The constant roar of humanity pounding out a living is an experience to, at least, have once in life.

Not interested . Too many people living inside each other's pockets .

Who said " Good fences make good neighbors ?"

I kind of feel the same way about ever wanting to drive through West Texas again.........it was miserable.

I loved driving through West Texas on the way to Tuscon. The volume of traffic was pretty moderate, the gentle hills were lovely and the vast emptiness was enchanting.
I also love NYC. Don't have to live there, but a visit is nice.
My best memory of an NYC drive was on a shuttle E350 with wife and two sons about ten years ago. CAL had cheerfully cancelled our flight back to Dayton from EWR enroute from SJU, so we spent the night in an airport hotel and shuttled to LGA the next morning.
The drive through the Holland Tunnel and through Chinatown on the way to that dump known as LaGuardia was magic.
Since we had been last minute rebooked, we had to be SSSS, but the TSA guys at LGA were really great.
A fun unexpected diversion courtesy of bad winter weather in December 2008.
Only cost a couple of hundred more with the hotel rooms and shuttle ride and worked out just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back