Is there such thing as too high/low potassium?

A few years ago I had a blood test that showed too low in potassium and too high in sodium. Admittedly, I use too much salt on my food. I found a solution, I switched my table salt to "Lite Salt" which is half sodium and half potassium. My next blood test showed that they both came into balance.

I just spotted that. I'm sorry for adding to the perpetuation of an old thread.

Don't worry or apologize...

You are good man.

Heck at least you added some good content to this. Which is always a good thing in my opinion.

just watched another vid on potassium from a real Dr with nutritional knowledge + DR Ken D Berry notes potassium in our blood is NOT a good indicator as our bodies tightly control it + will pull it from anywhere to keep a predetermined level!!! as DR Sten Ekburg always notes the body is NOT stupid!!

just watched another vid on potassium from a real Dr with nutritional knowledge + DR Ken D Berry notes potassium in our blood is NOT a good indicator as our bodies tightly control it + will pull it from anywhere to keep a predetermined level!!! as DR Sten Ekburg always notes the body is NOT stupid!!

Certain things happen when potassium is too high or too low. Both lead to heart arrhythmias. If potassium reaches a certain low level the heart stops.

People that are taking diuretic medication for example are taught to be aware of this. Eating additional foods high in potassium is beneficial as they will urinate more and thus deplete potassium along with other minerals.

Back