Is there an official policy of posting vehicle images with license plates visible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trying to work through how this information is an issue as everyone here drives on public roads where your plate and possibly VIN (you can se it through the windshield in any parking lot) is an issue? This reminds me of my parents burning their mail b/c "someone might get it and find out info on us"...hahahah..."mom, anyone that wants to know already does and isn't going thorough your trash." The only time I can see this as an issue is you post your plate here and you and another member have a disagreement. That member somehow finds out your real name/address and maybe comes after you? I guess as a person that uses a lot of social media that info, in my case, is already out there to find. I did have a few instances from modding a group where disgruntled members DM'd me after being banned from the group and made threats (really?) and I always figured they could easily find out where I lived b/c my name etc. but I never was overly worried about it...all talk and they didn't live anywhere close and how dumb would you have to be to do that? So here, you already have anonymity as it's a forum and our real names aren't used but you can probably find out if you really wanted to if the person used social media and had details in their sig about vehicles, town, etc. Way too much drama for me. I will say though that I blur out my personal info on my UOAs I post but I would do that on other social media as well b/c why give it all so easily? At least make them work for it when they want to rob you AHAHAHAHAHAH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back