Is Milesyn SXR STF Dexron VI Licensed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garageman402

$100 Site Donor 2024
Amazon has Milesyn made by Miles Lubricants in upstate NY, but the price has gone from $94 in late 2017, to $114 in early 2018, now priced at $149 for 5 gallon pail.

This prompted me to contact the manufacturer through their chat system, I started to place and order, and when we were ready to finalize he confirmed Dex IV. I said wait, I wanted Dex VI (6), not Dex IV (4). he then said their Dex VI is not licensed, the license expired. I asked if it would be renewed, he said he had no timeline for that. I said Amazon lists it as Dex VI, and your website lists it as Dex VI, fully licensed, he said the sites have not been updated yet.

Does a license expire? Or did they never have one? The pails I purchased last year do not have the license number printed on them, but the website confirms the license number as J-60155

Any thoughts?

I would guess the quality of the company is what natters. For example Amsoil products may or may not be licensed yet their quality is very good. The disclaimer do not use Amsoil

The Triax does not have any wording which explicitly states the fluid is approved by the manufacturer for all of those applications. To me, it looks just like Maxlife ATF... a great fluid that is "recommended" for just about anything, but actually certified by very few (if any for Triax). I see lots of "feel good" wording to make you think it's a great fluid, but absolutely ZERO manufacturer certifications or approvals. From their own website:

applications.PNG

No it's not licensed. It appears to be a good muti-vehicle ATF but I would find more info on the product before I endorsed it. It appears you have used it in the past. How did it perform?

I can say anything. I have used Maxlife before and Valvoline has built a lot of credibility so I will recommend its use. Reading into Miles lubericant it appears to be a little company which blends high quality products.

Thanks, Dave, yes I have used it in the past, seems to perform ok, but that doesn't really say much. Never had it analyzed, because I thought it was licensed Dex VI.

Yes, Miles Lubricants seems like a little company blending high quality products, I bought a few pails of the Dexos1 Gen2 5w-30, it is licensed with the number printed on the label. #D10779IA141

Subie, when I saw the "Fill for Life" statement in the Triax advertising, I lost interest. They have motor oil, too, with the same pie-in-the-sky claims, but nothing certified.

Originally Posted by MolaKule
It shows a viscosity of 7.0 cSt@100C so it would not be a Dex VI.

MoleKule, the sheet I have shows 5.98 cSt@100C

Milesyn SXR ATF Dex VI.jpg

This is the page I meant to post

Milesyn SXR ATF Dex VI p.2.jpg

Originally Posted by Garak
I think that worked out pretty well, since in the end, you showed us both the Dexron VI license number and the latest data sheet.

Thanks, Garak, I thought the entire document would post the first time. This site does not accept pdf attachments, I had to convert to jpg, and that only did one of the two pages.

On the subject of licenses, I had started a thread on that subject:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forum...st-of-gm-dexron-vi-licensees#Post4881958

Does anyone reading this thread know if there is a list published anymore? One responder was going to email GM and ask, but doubted they would have one.

I have a later version of the list than what was posted my other thread, this from 01-07-2013:

GM's Latest DEXRON®-VI Approved Fluids List p.1.jpg

GM's Latest DEXRON®-VI Approved Fluids List p.2.jpg

GM's Latest DEXRON®-VI Approved Fluids List p.3.jpg

GM's Latest DEXRON®-VI Approved Fluids List p.4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back