Is Magnetec the hottest oil on BITOG right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you on that!

Originally Posted By: racin4ds
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I use CM in everything but Mobil 1 is the king on here.
I don't use it myself.

M1 seems to stay on top of the pedestal around here.. not in my house!

Castrol GTX and their other offerings have always been decent quality, "sleeper" oils..

It does seem to be enjoying a lot of positive attention here. I'm a new fanboy myself My car is using/leaking less than it was with either Mobil 1 or Maxlife. I'll be sticking with the 5w-30 in the Caddy.

Originally Posted By: cheesepuffs
I hear it's very quiet running.

We found the Magnatec 0w20 to be loudest of any oil that we had ran previously but the UOA came out just fine.

Originally Posted By: alcyon
Originally Posted By: zeng
Originally Posted By: SR5
In Australia the 5W30 stop-start Magnatec is full synthetic and the 10W30 and 10W40 are both semi-synthetic.

So are Malaysia ..... will give 10W30 a go, though I'd not been a fan of xW30 for decades.
in malaysia magnatec is always semi syn. Where did you see full syn magnatec ?

Fully synthetic Magnatec stop start 5W30 4L pack for RM 155 or USD 38.
http://www.lazada.com.my/castrol-magnate...-1-8322157.html

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Originally Posted By: Miller88
When can Supertech be in the spotlight? Then I'll be cool!

That has a cult like following. They are out there, silent majority (myself included from time to time.)

What ever happened to DEFY either? That was the craze for a while too. More zinc!!

As I recall, DEFY went SN and reduced the Zinc.

I think the hottest oil is SAE 30 HD. Was surprised when I walked into Wal-Mart yesterday and there was Rotella T1 at ~$14 a jug staring me in the face. SAE 30 is coming back into favor
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Ducked
Originally Posted By: cheesepuffs
Seems like there's a lot of buzz around this relatively recent addition to the GTX line.

Dunno about the US, but I think they've been using that name (maybe for different stuff) for at least 20 years in the UK.

Magnatec was briefly marketed in the US in the late 90's IIRC. It didn't last very long but is doing better this time it seems...

Originally Posted By: Miller88
When can Supertech be in the spotlight? Then I'll be cool!

There's actually (or used to be) a forum called Walmartoil.com (or something similar).

Another flash in the pan by Castrol, Pennzoil rules here for the last 45 years
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Olas
The hottest oil on Bitog is whatever the air cooled guys are using.

Laugh !!! Yes that was back in my Penrite HPR 20W-60 days.

I thought pyb was still the "go-to" oil although with their recent batch tested ( i forget when it was posted on here ) seemed to go down a tad bit in awesomeness

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
I think the hottest oil is SAE 30 HD. Was surprised when I walked into Wal-Mart yesterday and there was Rotella T1 at ~$14 a jug staring me in the face. SAE 30 is coming back into favor
laugh.gif

All thanks to you ! I am itching to pour PYB 30 into my engine.

laugh.gif

Yes same here.
Between BrocLuno and Userfriendly, I'm itching to try some Delo SAE 30 monograde, even though the CM 10W30 semi-syn is serving me well and I have a cupboard full of Edge 5W30 full synthetic waiting to be used.

Originally Posted By: doublebase
It's funny that this topic just got brought up because I was looking at a jug of it on sale at Walmart yesterday. I believe it was $17 for a five quart jug - I thought about picking it up but I didn't know much about it. I always thought it was a synthetic blend, but in the 5w20 wright it says "full synthetic"...but in the 5w30 it didn't.

I probably will go back and buy some of the 5w20 even though I don't need anything right now (I have 30 quarts of Mobil 1 laying around because of their rebate program...which they never rebated me for by the way). Did anyone else not get rebated by Mobil 1?

I'd like to learn a little more about Castrol Magnetic...VOA, etc...because at $17 bucks, it seems like a good deal right now.

Pennzoil has been speedy with their rebate. I had it within a couple weeks and $12 for a 5-Qty of PP is a pretty good deal.

laugh.gif

I ran it last summer in the Jeep. It worked great, did not end up doing a UOA but I liked it. And in the summer I could not tell one whit of difference at start up between it and 10w30.

Once I hit October and temps started to dip I could occasionally tell but it was about due to come out then anyway.

Oh and regarding the Magnatec I have been using it in the KIA ever since it came out and I like it a lot. Think I am going to do a UOA on the current fill, it's the third straight with Magnatec.

KCJeep,
How cold did it get Mahzurrah when you noticed the SAE30 began to be a little slow to start ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back