Is it ok to switch gas stations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: eyeofthetiger
I recommend using only locally-drilled, organic, free-range, premium gasoline. You can't get that from any of the big name brands.

Do you use the suggestions sent out by PETG? People for the Ethical Treatment of GAS?

I would immediately take the car back to where you bought it and trade it on something that will use any type of gas. Yes, you will take a loss, but in the long run it will be worth it. Imagine the relief when you don't have to worry about finding a Shell station. No more stress. No more station anxiety.

Wow...
33.gif

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Fill it up at Costco for probably 30 cents a gallon less!

COSTCO is ARCO brand gas and my cars get about 2-3 mpg's less on this fuel. Why? I have no idea, the additive pack or something my cars just dont like. Even my old Dodge Caravan will ping on COSTCO 87 but not ping on SHELL 87 so???

I stick with what works for me, and honestly, I get the best out of SHELL. Where I live its about a 15 cent difference in price vs COSTCO and to me? If my car seems to run better and get a couple MPG's better out of it? Then its worth it to me.

My Observations are for 4 vehicles of different types normally aspirated and forced induction over at least 4 yrs and countless miles of my own personal testing.

It is what it is.

Your results may vary of course.
18.gif

Jeff

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
LOL at the questions on BITOG these days.

Its what keeps me coming back QP
13.gif

Jeff

Originally Posted By: boostedtsiawd
I just bought this car and i have no idea what type of gas the previous owner used in it but it takes premium and i always fill at shell but i couldn't find a shell station close by so i filled up with bp premium but now its getting low on gas and i wanna fill up with shell vpower is it ok to mix bp with shell gas as long as its premium? i really wanted the gas to get close to empty so i can fill with shell v power like i always do but its winter and i dont wanna leave the tank low.

How would you like eating the same food day in and day out? Time to switch it up a little.

I alternate between SHELL and ARCO depending on where and when i need to refill.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: totegoat
Put Chevron in it.

Chevron is solid choice but where I live anyway its 30 cents a gallon more than Shell. So I drive past Chevron and go right to Shell.

Jeff

Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX

COSTCO is ARCO brand gas and my cars get about 2-3 mpg's less on this fuel. Why? I have no idea, the additive pack or something my cars just dont like. Even my old Dodge Caravan will ping on COSTCO 87 but not ping on SHELL 87 so???

Costco fuel has a very good additive package, it's Top Tier certified. In Canada it's even better, as Costco premium has no ethanol in it here. I'm not super picky about what fuel I put in the BMW or Honda but I'm going to make sure I always run Top Tier in my new Corvette and also ethanol free too (except when travelling to the US as that'll be more difficult to find on road trips). I figure that by using Top Tier fuel from day one it will pretty much ensure I never need to add any fuel system cleaners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back