iPhone 14 saves lives again

Well in all honesty, the soldiers dont have iPhones or any Android phone in that case (for certain zones) not because of the SOS feature I would have to say, as it is only activated by the person. But because of the constant pinging of any cell network device to local towers.
True.

My comment was more on the "airplane" mode setting with iPhone.

Side note when I'm up in the hills my iphone is in default SOS mode quite a bit.

Another

Really?!? Likely what will happen if you rely solely on Apple's GPS capabilities! I've been around Apple products for decades now and still won't waste time/$ on anything they offer. Too simple, boring and gawdy for my taste, but have at it.

and another ...

Technology can be a wonderful thing for those who wish to make the most of their health, of course only if you are going to use it.
Now that my irregular heartbeat has been corrected, lately I have been paying attention to the "sleep tracking" realizing I am/was sleeping WAY too little. I am improving.
Also use it to exercise ALL the time which I have done from almost day one. Push my heart rate up to my highest age appropriate rate so I know I am getting the most out of my workout.

Also kind of fun using it on long walks, it tracked 3.5 miles on our recent visit to the Cape Fear Kite Festival. Complete with a map that you walked and heart rate etc

IMG_5863.JPG

Last edited:
and another ...

Technology can be a wonderful thing for those who wish to make the most of their health, of course only if you are going to use it.
Now that my irregular heartbeat has been corrected, lately I have been paying attention to the "sleep tracking" realizing I am/was sleeping WAY too little. I am improving.
Also use it to exercise ALL the time which I have done from almost day one. Push my heart rate up to my highest age appropriate rate so I know I am getting the most out of my workout.

Also kind of fun using it on long walks, it tracked 3.5 miles on our recent visit to the Cape Fear Kite Festival. Complete with a map that you walked and heart rate etc

View attachment 188515
Technology has a useful place in everyday life, but shouldn't ever be preferred over common/practical sense. Like morons that drive into water, obstacles, etc. as 'that dang GeePeeSss told them to go thataway'!

If it is life saving the govt should eat the cost. I’m sure they can build it into the cost of the device or some sort of one time tax during the handset purchase.

Yay Apple.
I wonder if their slaves, I mean workers in China also enjoy these life saving innovations. Did they get rid of the suicide nets yet?
Most likely the same for the electronic device you just posted this on as well as all the infrastructure of the system that this forum exists.

Back