Insulin Resistance - ready to learn something?

Yes, I had the same question. Coffee is a good test of insulin resistance without doing harm. Used to bump me 10-15 pts. Now maybe 5. But I was kinda surprised and my naturopath said the same, last year I was like "I'm fasting, I just had some coffee..........."

I know for you, it super tough. Skim milk WILL definitely bump your BG. Best is cream, but for you watching all fats, especially animal. What about coconut cream?

EDIT: 106 is NOTHING to worry about. I THINK you are over 50.

I too am the only person in my family to have diabetes. I was NEVER ever a total junk eater. Decent shape, 165 pounds. Very active. I was doing manual labor outside all morning so far. Pickleball 3 times a week. It gets frustrating - something like a banana!
Pickleball is a great cardio exercise as long as all your body parts keep working without getting damaged. LOL
Plus, it’s a hell of a lot of fun, wife and I are addicted. You would know better than me, but I think it’s quite good also for managing diabetes.

I’ve had a few cardiologists and all of them think it’s great when I get my heart rate up over 130-ish and fully confirmed getting into the 160s short term is good so I feel good after series of games knowing that I got my heart rate up there. I will be returning to cardio in some type of gym session. I just don’t know where our new home location that might be if ever.

This was yesterday‘s pickle ball games, unfortunately, it wasn’t till after the first game that I remembered to start my Apple Watch recording the Pickleball workout.
Peaked at 166. I’m not saying this is a perfect example of a good hard cardio workout, yet if you could keep it up for a good 30 to 40 minutes that would be considered good. Actually let me backtrack on that. Yeah it is pretty good even more so when we play more games yesterday, it was five in a row.

Yes, I’m retired and a little bit over 65 bill my brain thinks I’m in my 30s and my wife says I don’t act my age …. I’m not so sure if that’s a compliment *LOL*

IMG_7556.jpeg

I love data and electronics as a hobby and that’s why I love this Apple Watch so much.
Not necessary if you do the workouts, but for me, it’s a motivator.
So the above screen is from one app which kept track of the Pickleball workout and below is just ordinary watch data, which goes back now gosh close to two years. You could see what time I played pickle ball yesterday.

IMG_7557.jpeg

Last edited:
Pickleball is really great for stress relief and countering hi BP

Reason is not because movement and heart rate (and don't get me wrong, these are great). Pickleball takes 100% concentration if you want to play at least at the 3.0 and above level. There is zero chance of anticipating direction, spin, angle, partner position, your position, your feet plant, grip, etc of a 60+ mph shot at 10 feet while thinking about work, your 3 gf's fungal infections or a deep dish pizza.

You ever wonder why 1 hour hour you play like a bat outta heck then next you play like a 2.0?

Back