Densitet, 15°C, kg/m3 849
Viskositet, cSt
vid 40°C 36
vid 100°C 7,2
vid -40°C, Pa.s 18,4
Viskositetsindex 174
Flampunkt, °C >200
Lägsta flyttemperatur, °C -42

As we can se its an all makes all model oil.
Any objections? Remember that mopar fluid isnt cheap or readily avail in sweden.

Originally Posted By: ac_tc
...Dexron® III H ; Mercon® ; Allison C4
· Chrysler ATF+4
TYPDATA...
Ill let some of the others compare the flashpoint/visc./etc.....but that actually DOES list, ATF+4...the only problem I have, is this particular brand is not "listed" as one of the "licensed" ATF+4 brands...as outlined at http://www.centerforqa.com/licensedatf4brands.html ..... Chrysler appears to be very "picky choosy" of who can use their "ATF+4" formula - so to be "licensed" they take random samples, and the only brands that have been able to "meet" their specs are:
Quote:
Advance Auto Parts ATF+4®
Auto Extra ATF+4®
Auto Zone ATF+4®
Carquest ATF+4®
Castrol ATF+4®
Castrol Transmax ATF+4®
Chevron ATF+4®
Citgo Transgard ATF+4®
Coastal ATF+4®
Federated Auto Parts ATF+4®
Great Wall ATF+4®
Havoline ATF+4®
MAG 1 ATF+4®
Mobil ATF+4®
Mobil Super ATF+4®
Mopar ATF+4®
NAPA ATF+4®
Northland ATF+4®
O’Reilly ATF+4®
Parts Master ATF+4®
Parts Plus ATF+4®
Pennzoil ATF+4®
Pennzoil S6 ATF+4®
Petro-Canada ATF+4®
Pure Guard ATF+4®
Quaker State ATF+4®
Quaker State S6 ATF+4®
Ravenol ATF+4®
Service Pro ATF+4®
Sinopec ATF+4®
Shell Spirax S6 ATF+4®
Super Tech ATF+4®
Valvoline ATF+4®

And what I find strange, is even the "boutiique" brands are not listed, Redline C+ATF, Amsoil - Synthetic MultiVehicle ATF,Royal Purple Max ATF ......all of which "claim" to meet the ATF+4 spec....so I don't know if it's a matter of the oil manufacturer contacting the "Center of Quality Assurance" to get their "ATF+4" licensed, or if the "Center of Quality Assurance" simply does random checks every so often of who to add to the list next....

But I'd think the likes of Redline, Amsoil, and Royal Purple should qualify......but obviously, they would be quite higher priced than the "generic" list put out by the "Center of Quality Assurance"...

I'm generally leery of "universal fluids". Transmission fluids, from my understanding, are rather particular about friction properties and viscosities. For one fluid to be able to meet ALL of those various specifications...I don't know.

For example, I don't think that Dexron III really works in Chrysler transmissions that require an ATF+3 or ATF+4. Yet this universal fluid can be used in either? I'd personally pass.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I'm generally leery of "universal fluids". Transmission fluids, from my understanding, are rather particular about friction properties and viscosities. For one fluid to be able to meet ALL of those various specifications...I don't know.

For example, I don't think that Dexron III really works in Chrysler transmissions that require an ATF+3 or ATF+4. Yet this universal fluid can be used in either? I'd personally pass.

I wouldnt fool around with those Chrysler transmissions, better use the atf+4 in it.

I have tried some universal ATFs in 41TE dodge stratus & chrysler sebring of various model years 96-06. I have found the best performance with a licensed ATF+4, but the current Valvoline MaxLife ATF has been ok too. A friend with a Dodge Dakota (A500 transmission) has trouble when anything other than ATF+3, or now ATF+4, has been used. It may be model year and transmission dependent, but for best results ATF+4 is recommended. Good luck. Let us know how it works.

To clear things up a little.
This is a "syntetic atf that has the intended use in modern
electronically controlled tansmissions"
I dont know why it fullfills the dex3 spec but i
can suspect that even atf+4 would fill that spec

The 46re has been said to work fine on a dex fluid. It's the 42TE and it's family that had so many failures. The 46re relies on solenoids to determine gear setting but not to modulate shifts like the TE does (cl-cl-cl-cl-cl...ick... from a minivan at any given stoplight, you know the sound).

So- you might be ok.

That said, that fluid spec is all over the place. the friction properties of ATF+3/4 is CERTAINLY different from Dex 3, so I have a hard time believing anything else on the bottle.

It may be fine in the 're. I'd prefer a good ATF+4, like the castrol.

M

Guys, remember the OP is in Sweden and noted that ATF+4 is hard to find and $$$.

To the OP - Chrysler tranny's calling for ATF+3 and ATF+4 in my experience, and from what I see on Dodge forums, do very well with name brand quality universal synthetics like Royal Purple MaxATF, Redline C+ ATF, and Amsoil Multi-Vehicle ATF.

I have personally used, or have friends and family who have used, both Royal Purple MaxATF and Redline C+ ATF in tranny's calling for both ATF+3 and ATF+4 formulas. Both have done very well. The Redline formula is designed to be used in place of the Chrysler ATF+ series while the Royal Purple MaxATF is a multi/universal formula similar to the fluid you are asking about in the regards that it has a long list of fluids it can be used with/replace in addition to the ATF+4.

I am unfamiliar with the brand you are asking about but if it is of the same quality as the 3 mentioned above, and is truly a universal fluid, I see no reason not to use it. If you have access to one of those 3 fluids I mention over there and they can be obtained at a reasonable price they should do the job for you.

If you are unsure of the fluids quality and that it really will work to replace ATF+4 then take the time and spend the money to find some real ATF+4 fluid. Chrysler tranny's are not forgiving if the fluid used does not truly meet the requirements of ATF+4.

Another option for you, vs a true ATF+4, is a US name brand( Valvoline, Pennzoil, Quaker State, Mobil, Castrol, etc... )universal/multi ATF that lists ATF+ 4 if you have them available. If those companies say it will work at least over here you can count on it working.

Last edited:
the oil will go in my tranny and tcase..
im pretty sure that its gonna be work fine.
-ill report back when done.
Sadly im also gonna adjust the bands so shift quality
comparisons wont be worth anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back