I'm SAD! Broke a chain, destroyed Paul Derailleur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my rear wheel was damaged by the incident. I, at first thought it was OK. But, a few spokes were very tweaked by the derailleur hitting the spokes. This loaded them enough that the grommets pulled through the wheel after I tightened the loose ones. Ugh...

So, I purchased a set of Mavic Kyrusium elite wheels.

Picture%2B745.jpg

Oh yeah, this is going to cost me well over a grand. Oh well.

I may actually switch to an all SRAM 10 speed setup. If only to try something different.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Well, my rear wheel was damaged by the incident. I, at first thought it was OK. But, a few spokes were very tweaked by the derailleur hitting the spokes. This loaded them enough that the grommets pulled through the wheel after I tightened the loose ones. Ugh...

So, I purchased a set of Mavic Ksyrium elite wheels.

Picture%2B745.jpg

You'll love these^^^!!!

I had a set of the original Ksyrium SSC wheels, and stupidly sold them, along with my Cosmic Carbone clinchers.
frown.gif

The solution was buying some racer boy wheels? I don't get it. Not the direction I would have taken, but to each his own.

Originally Posted By: Brons2
The solution was buying some racer boy wheels? I don't get it. Not the direction I would have taken, but to each his own.

Not at all. My rear wheel was destroyed. I thought I could salvage it, but could not do so easily. I want to ride, and without wheels, cannot do so. I got a smokin' good deal on those wheels. Hard to pass that up.

I am using a temporary, used, 8 speed "XT" dérailleur, which does not work well enough for anything but temporary use. AND, I may have found someone with a used "Paul" dérailleur that I can purchase for parts.

I am also seriously looking into the SRAM brand. It looks like I can purchase just a SRAM shifter, a derailleur and a cassette and will be "good to go".

I ride daily. I wear everything out rapidly, so quality components that hold up is of prime importance. This bike is not a "weekend bike".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back