If you were a kid growing up in 60's or 70's..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine used felt balls. We spent hours and hours playing with it. You could tune the players by brushing the little bristles on the bottom. My mother probably still has it back in Pa. You'd stop a play and shoot the ball at the receiver, if it hit him it was a complete pass and you'd turn the vibrator back on. Flying wedge formations were a favorite.

We used to lock arms of the linemen, turn the vibration way up, and they would to the do-si-do square dance around and round.

I also had this electric vibrating horse race game that worked very well:
Vintage-Tudor-Tru-Action-Electric-Horse-Race-Game.jpg

I remember those (the football ones). Most likely a friend had one and I played with it.
That's why we were excited when Pong came out.

There was also a version of this toy where it looked like a Race Track and
you put race cars on and they would vibrate down the track.

Ask me why I remember ...
My Aunt invited me over to play with my Cousin and he had the vibrating Race-Car Track.
The race cars were small and just had the drivers head sticking out the top (like he was crouching).
I put the race cars in my mouth and bit the heads off the drivers.
My Cousin went crying to his mother and my Aunt looked at me.
She told her Son maybe that will make them go faster.
I still remember her trying not to laugh.
I was never invited back.

Last edited:
My Tomboy sister received one as a Christmas present from Santa. This was circa 1970 or so and she was age seven or so. I was three yrs. older than her. We had loads of fun playing it. I still remember the irritating buzzing/vibrating sound it made!

Yep, we had one. I don't remember knowing anything about adjusting the bristles under the players. We played with it a few times, then realized it was pretty much a useless game and back in the box it went. I'm sure it eventually made it's way to the trash.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
A friend had that hockey game, we played the heck out it that too.

That's pretty much the one that my friend poured two glasses of chocolate milk into.

I still have a few of my HO slot cars from back in the late 60s early 70s. We use to put oil of wintergreen (IIRC) on the foamy rear tires to make them stick like glue on the track corners. Some of those HO slot cars really use to haul. Friend had a big track setup in his basement and we had a group of kids that use to race each other all the time.

Just took this photo. Decals getting yellow from the age, they're really old. Would be interesting to see if they still work on a track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back