If it has been sitting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought some ST dex VI ATF maybe about 3 almost 4 years ago (when we found it cheap at Walmart ;-) ) to use for my Cobalt, but net got the chance to put it in. It has been in my garage through the hot and cold of those last few years.

I thinking just snake and use (like motor oil), or would it be wise to not do so?

It's fine IMO …
I just put some M1 EP in our Fusion … it was so darn old it still wore the gold cap … LoL

Originally Posted by demarpaint
Shake and pour, you'll be fine.

Shake? Are there some magic particles that have settled on the bottom? Really, shaking will just aerate the fluid causing shifting problems (temporarily).

Originally Posted by atikovi

Really, shaking will just aerate the fluid causing shifting problems (temporarily).

crazy2.gif

Thank you.....I was wondering what snake and use meant.

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
If it was sitting idle in your transmission through heat and cold, wouldn't it be the same thing? Use it!

This. Sitting in a sealed container in mild temperature changes is not any problem at all.

I just used 4 qts of Havoline Dex VI that have been sitting on my garage shelf for 3 year, and the bottles were filled a year before that. Never even questioned using it due to "age".

LOL, sorry about the "snake" part...usually my IPad catches it.....
crackmeup2.gif

Pretty much what I figured....but it never hurts to make sure things are good. I think I have 12-13 quarts out there...

Thank you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back