Idiots at the dmv

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few years ago my daughter was turning 16. We played their "make an appointment game". Finally, the day arrives for the driving test. I saw a woman ahead of us 1) hop a curb, 2) blow right through the first RED light, and 3) absolutely FAIL the parallel park test in the DMV parking lot. This woman was so bad it was comical. People were laughing. Total fail, no way she passes, right?

Daughter is up next. Now, honestly, my daughter is probably is in the top 5% as far as driving skills go. (BTW, she about to graduate with high honors with a Mechanical Engineering degree, really smart kid). She makes a 100% on the written exam, the she starts her driving test. She pulls up to the parking lot exit. Full stop with turn signal on. Because of tree in the way blocking side view, she pulls up another few feet to get a clear view of road she is entering, stops again, just to make sure. Drives short loop perfectly, then totally aces the parallel park!

After a few minutes of waiting, the idiot woman who made 3 MAJOR mistakes gets a passing grade on the driving test, and gets her licence. Then, unbelievably, my daughter fails! I can't believe this. I ask the person giving the test what on earth happened. He said the small stop as she exited the lot failed her. Some how that one thing supposedly dropped her score to a 69, needing a 70 to pass. She explained she was just making double sure the road was clear before entering. Very prudent. The guy won't budge. I ask how on earth the woman ahead of my daughter passed with the crazy bad driving and he said he won't discuss others tests with me.

Thankfully we found another office just 3 days later and she passed super easy.

My license comes up for renewal later this year, last time was 10 years ago and I had to get a medical cert to keep truck licenses. Not sure if it's worth all the drama to keep a license I hardly use...then again, it does give me employment opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back