Idemitsu Synthetic Oil

Anyone use Idemitsu synthetic oil? The price is higher than oils sold locally and curious if it’s worth the $39 price….Thanks

IMG_1064.jpeg

I used some when it was cheaper. Once I accidentally dumped it into our beloved TSX (takes 5w30). The car seemed to love the Idemitsu 0w20.

I use a lot of the Idemitsu Honda and Toyota spec ATF in my cars.

I used some when it was cheaper. Once I accidentally dumped it into our beloved TSX (takes 5w30). The car seemed to love the Idemitsu 0w20.

I use a lot of the Idemitsu Honda and Toyota spec ATF in my cars.
The ATF pretty is good, Looking at the 0w20 oil for my Mitsubishi.

When I can find good deals on Idemitsu I buy it.

I use their ATF in everything I change on my own.

Im pretty sure Its the Honda Japan factory fill.

Idemitsu is used in factory fills from many Japanese OEM's. I've never used their motor oils as it wasn't readily available.

I've used Idemitsu ATF and no complaints.

I have some on deck going in the Subaru. Genuine Subaru is Idemitsu. No Top oil brand ran better this in the 0W20 multi grade in our subarus in the past 13 years. Not a value proposition for sure. I would guess VAG 508 00 / 509 00 from the Audi dealer might give it a run.

No. I don't have data on this oil rec - not that staring at tea leaves would show anything of consequence about the oil.

I bought some two years ago on clearance at AZ. 0W-20, runs great in my Mitsubishi. Gold/tan jug, makes a nice color contrast with the red and green jugs on my garage oil shelf

Since you quoted the post twice, does that mean you agree 200%? 🤣

Idemitsu engine oil seems good. But not at a higher cost than Mobil 1, or at 85% of the cost of HPL.
Yes, Probably can get Penzoil ultra for a cheaper price.

Yes, Probably can get Penzoil ultra for a cheaper price.
I like Ultra. Used it for nearly 100k in my Fusion with stellar results. But nowadays with a retail price of ~$35, if it’s not on sale for low $20s, M1 is always solid and cheaper than normal PUP price. IMHO if you’re going to spend more than whatever correct M1 your engine needs, you may as well jump to the cream (but not foam) of the top 😉

I'm a Pennzoil or Castrol user; Mobil 1 in my lawn mower. But I use Idemitsu T-IV. I've have yet to use their engine oils; I have a case of Idemitsu 0W-20 waiting for the HL.

I was going to buy a case of TGMO but the bulk seller on Amazon was shipping short for the full case (6 qts.) price.

Back