Idemitsu ATF TYPE-H PLUS DW-1 For Honda * NEW *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Used it? What's the source and price? How does it compare to Honda branded stuff in price?

I get it for $4.50 a Quart via World Pac through my work... So i think thats a very good deal.
I just ordered 9 QTs did to 3 drain and fills.

Honda DW-1 I can get at work for 8.00 a QT, or I can go to the Honda Dealer and pay around the same price.

I have been told IDEMITSU makes there fluid for Honda.. Thats it the same stuff in the Honda Bottle.

Originally Posted By: ctechbob
Originally Posted By: David1
Originally Posted By: hallstevenson
Advance Auto is $7.99/each (no case or quantity break) when I'm logged in with my account or $8.99 when not logged in. They're offering free shipping on orders over $25 if you do the online option and they are also showing a 20% coupon code option.

How much do you get DW-1 for ?

Yupp plus you can use your speed perks.. I have a5$ speed perks a20$ Speed perks so If I buy online and get 20% off and use a 20$ speed perk I can save big $

Which of their 20% coupons works for fluids, because generally they're exempt from them. The SpeedPerks will probably work since you've got to 'earn' those but I've never once found a %off coupon that works for oils.

Speed perks work for oil... Speed perks work for anything.. However the Sales person wont use them for FDO or World Pac parts..

However sometimes a new guy will scan a Speedperk with a FDO order and it will work.. and will even work with World pac also but its a big no no.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Marketing sounds good. However for me, price point would be needed to compare. Significantly less expensive than Honda branded DW1 and readily available to all? As I've had good results using MaxLife div>

Im sorta scared to use MAXX LIFE in a Honda., at least in mine. My Honda has 250K miles on it with the orginal transmission and its never seen anything but Honda Z1 and Honda DW1 and 1 time I put Castrol Multi Vehicle, however castrol MV clearly says DW1 on the bottle.

V Max Life does not list DW1 on the specs.. It does list Z1... So I dunno.

Originally Posted By: newbe46
Quote:
Idemitsu is the only global authorized supplier for DW-1 transmission fluids

I think one of the store brands I can get from up here also claims to be DW-1 compliant but it is made by Citgo.

That is CITGO Trans Gaurd Synthetic Multi-vehicle Low Viscisity.. There are specs below...

CITGO TRANSGARD Synthetic Multi-Vehicle Low-Viscosity ATF is suitable for use where the
following products are recommended:
• GM vehicles recommending DEXRON
®
-III
• DEXRON -VI
• MERCON
®
LV
• JASO 1A
• Toyota WS
• Honda DW-1
• Nissan/Infiniti Matic S
• Hyundai SP-IV

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
The Idemitsu H+ DW1 has been out awhile, but not too many people use it since there are many quality fluids at a better price and more availability, such as the popular Maxlife ATF, and Castrol Import IMV (as well as Castrol's own full synthetic ATF)

Better Price, I can get it for 5$ a Quart... I feel that's a very good price.

Im sorta scared to use MAXX LIFE in a Honda., at least in mine. My Honda has 250K miles on it with the orginal transmission and its never seen anything but Honda Z1 and Honda DW1 and 1 time I put Castrol Multi Vehicle, however castrol MV clearly says DW1 on the bottle.

250k on the original transmission in that gen Accord V6? What did you change the ATF every month?
banana2.gif

Maxlife will be fine. It is the LV type like DW1, and your 02 doesn't need DW1 anyway. Also, Maxlife does list DW1
smile.gif

Castrol's Full Synthetic ATF works great in Hondas, too.

250k on the original transmission in that gen Accord V6? What did you change the ATF every month?
banana2.gif

Maxlife will be fine. It is the LV type like DW1, and your 02 doesn't need DW1 anyway. Also, Maxlife does list DW1
smile.gif

Your Correct i went to Valvoline Site and it clearly says.
HONDA/ACURA Z-1 / DW-1

However the bottles and even the JUGS we sell at work still say Honda / Acura Z-1.. I dunno why.

However as I said for the price Im getting this Idemitsu ATF TYPE-H PLUS at $4.50 a QT is not bad... and Idemitsu is based out of Japan and we all know Japan makes good stuff.. Just look at NGK spark plugs and Denso Plugs

Advance Auto is $7.99/each (no case or quantity break) when I'm logged in with my account or $8.99 when not logged in. They're offering free shipping on orders over $25 if you do the online option and they are also showing a 20% coupon code option.

Yupp plus you can use your speed perks.. I have a5$ speed perks a20$ Speed perks so If I buy online and get 20% off and use a 20$ speed perk I can save big $

Which of their 20% coupons works for fluids, because generally they're exempt from them. The SpeedPerks will probably work since you've got to 'earn' those but I've never once found a %off coupon that works for oils.

E82 works for 15% now.

also RETMENOTSP is 25A% OFF but you have to use a new email to register speed perks.. I know it seems silly plus you can even input your speed perk code..

When I buy stuff at advance I have like 5 emails attached to my Phone number

I get it very cheap 4.90 a QT.. I dont care what it says online because some advances can order straight through to worldpac
and it always cheaper depending on what there % is on what they mark up on Gross Margin.
some are 35% some are 45% some are 25% if you have a commercial account set up it could even go do as low as 10%..

banana2.gif

smile.gif

I do a drain and fill each 30k miles.. Sometimes 10K miles... Since it so simple to do.. Also I have a Magnefine inline filter.

Your Correct i went to Valvoline Site and it clearly says.
HONDA/ACURA Z-1 / DW-1

However the bottles and even the JUGS we sell at work still say Honda / Acura Z-1.. I dunno why.

However as I said for the price Im getting this Idemitsu ATF TYPE-H PLUS at $4.50 a QT is not bad... and Idemitsu is based out of Japan and we all know Japan makes good stuff.. Just look at NGK spark plugs and Denso Plugs

I wouldn't have any problem using the correct Idemitsu lube in any Honda, however, I am not sure about the engine oils they make. a VOA of their 0w50 showed that it wasn't heavy enough to be an Xw50.

However, I don't know that Japan built automatically means good. My mom had a 1985 Nissan Maxima and some of our friends had a 1986 Maxima, and our friend's Ford Tempo was more reliable than those stupid Maximas.

I see "Worldpac" mentioned occasionally (twice in this thread) as a source of purchase for automotive products like topic. However, when I go to their site I see this:

"WORLDPAC is a wholesale distributor of original equipment automotive products. New account requests will be processed for established automotive businesses who provide a valid business license and resale tax number. WORLDPAC reserves the right to limit distribution in certain markets. Account requests submitted by individuals (Non-commercial or consumer requests) will not be processed."

As I read it, Worldpac basically useless and price quotes meaningless for the average individual reading here interested in purchasing parts and accessories.
21.gif
Am I missing something?

I was having the same thought way back when the Idemitsu stuff was fist being discussed. Everyone threw out how great of a price it was through them, but even with a TaxID number it looks like they're going to want some proof you're 'in the business' so yes, completely worthless prices for the majority of the world.

Which is also why I argue the Advance Auto thing. There's no such thing as a 'coupon' (Other than speed perks) that will get you % off of an oil purchase, so again, unless you're a SpeedPerks member and have a certificate to use, you're paying their full $7.99 price.

I see "Worldpac" mentioned occasionally (twice in this thread) as a source of purchase for automotive products like topic. However, when I go to their site I see this:

"WORLDPAC is a wholesale distributor of original equipment automotive products. New account requests will be processed for established automotive businesses who provide a valid business license and resale tax number. WORLDPAC reserves the right to limit distribution in certain markets. Account requests submitted by individuals (Non-commercial or consumer requests) will not be processed."

As I read it, Worldpac basically useless and price quotes meaningless for the average individual reading here interested in purchasing parts and accessories.
21.gif
Am I missing something?

01.gif

21.gif
Am I missing something?

You are making the assumption that all BITOG readers are individuals. There are a number of folks on this site who work at shops (or have access to shops) and have the ability to purchase parts thru sources such as WorldPac. It would be a disservice if we were to intentionally exclude this information from posts.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

21.gif
Am I missing something?

You are making the assumption that all BITOG readers are individuals.....

Please point to where in the quoted post it says "all BITOG readers". It says "the average individual reading here" ie., for the majority of readers on this site Worldpac is NOT an option to purchase parts, accessories or fluids. It's not a leap to say that "average individual reader" here is not a shop owner or employee and thus does not have access to Worldpac as a purchase option.

Thanks for confirming that my post including excepted information from the Worldpac site is accurate, and that I wasn't missing anything. IMO it would be/is equally a disservice to readers to not inform them that unless a shop owner, Worldpac not a purchase option for them.

The coupon usually won't work for fluids, so even at $7.99 you're looking at $95 for a case of 12. I can usually ebay DW1 for $89 shipped.

If the 20% off worked, then I'd get it.

I get it from advance for $4.80 a QT via World pac...
You have to find a advance auto parts that has a speed dial world pac login..

Originally Posted By: The Critic

21.gif
Am I missing something?

You are making the assumption that all BITOG readers are individuals.....

Please point to where in the quoted post it says "all BITOG readers". It says "the average individual reading here" ie., for the majority of readers on this site Worldpac is NOT an option to purchase parts, accessories or fluids. It's not a leap to say that "average individual reader" here is not a shop owner or employee and thus does not have access to Worldpac as a purchase option.

Thanks for confirming that my post including excepted information from the Worldpac site is accurate, and that I wasn't missing anything. IMO it would be/is equally a disservice to readers to not inform them that unless a shop owner, Worldpac not a purchase option for them.

You have to walk into a Advacne auto parts...
Tell them what you want... you can look at the screen with them..
Certain parts will say WORLD PAC... Point to the one you want..
The sales person will add it to the cart.. Very simple.

Its not that hard.

Matter of fact you can even tell them type in there search bar OE Automatic Transmission Fluid and many brands will show up.
Thats how I found it there when I saw that typed in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back