I´m a new member and using MAnnol oil

Why are you speaking in german if you are austrian?

Probably since Austrians speak kind of German which most Germans don't even understand. 😇

Wolfgang Mozart and Arnold Schwarzenegger are certainly not the best known Austrians btw.. 🤫

There is no "synthetic" Mannol oil. It's HC (Group III) only, and there's even no ester in those
on which they write "Ester" onto the bottles. You'd have to buy their Ester Additive to have
some ester (Group V) in your oil. Don't ask me why, but that's what several VOAs revealed.
Honestly, did anyone actually believe you'd get a true synthetic for 5 € per liter? Come on...

Last edited:
dam
Mannol are mostly just regular dyno oil, that's why it cost 50%. Just like Pennzoil yellow bottle or any other conventional oil. They are good, decent, and cheap.
dang you joined in 2010 but only have 5 messages. just came back?

5089913_700b.jpg

L
dam

dang you joined in 2010 but only have 5 messages. just came back?
Thanks, I was very busy with kid and move to Europe and started to maintain my own car again after few years only using Stadtmobil/car rents available every few blocks in city. Germans love cars and they maintain it really well. Tons of extinct cars like PT cruiser are in clean running conditionm. However oil change is really expensive, about $130 in most independence shop or $200 on dealer for Corolla or Prius. I found mobil1 or Castrol 0w20 cost about $50 for 5L and this Mannol only $35 for 10L. Too good to be true but it runs fine and no burning oil on my Corolla IM hybrid at about 70k miles. I got email directly from Mannol and confirm it is mostly mineral oil with proper additive and detergent, just like Mobil, Pennzoil YB, etc. So, I think they are honest and legit oil. Some 0w20 are also approved/certified by Porsche C20/VW508 509 but Mannol sell it $40 per 5 L, almost the same price as Mobil1 ESP2.

L

Thanks, I was very busy with kid and move to Europe and started to maintain my own car again after few years only using Stadtmobil/car rents available every few blocks in city. Germans love cars and they maintain it really well. Tons of extinct cars like PT cruiser are in clean running conditionm. However oil change is really expensive, about $130 in most independence shop or $200 on dealer for Corolla or Prius. I found mobil1 or Castrol 0w20 cost about $50 for 5L and this Mannol only $35 for 10L. Too good to be true but it runs fine and no burning oil on my Corolla IM hybrid at about 70k miles. I got email directly from Mannol and confirm it is mostly mineral oil with proper additive and detergent, just like Mobil, Pennzoil YB, etc. So, I think they are honest and legit oil. Some 0w20 are also approved/certified by Porsche C20/VW508 509 but Mannol sell it $40 per 5 L, almost the same price as Mobil1 ESP2.
truth is no oil is bad as long as it has something of a modern approval or certification and you get it cheap and change it accordingly for the vehicle. $35 for 10L of oil cant be terrible especially when others oils are very expensive. i would be okay with using a modern 100% group II oil as long as i get it cheap but i use good oils with bmw LL-01 ratings and such. Only because 5qt or 4.73L of it is only $18-19 at walmart. this mannol stuff sounds like something i would use too.

Good friend of mine , machenical engineer and former national champion in car drift was sponsored by local dealer with mannol legend for some time. He told me it was excellent product, so i have been using mannol and fanfaro for a while on all of my cars for a while and the engines have no sludge and burn "0%" oil after ~4.7k miles/7500km oil in schizophrenic severe weather and sometimes volcanic ultra fine dust conditions.
(mosquitoes dont thrive here, but do in Greenland.)

Fanfaro FF6719 has VW 504 / 507 approval.
Cant image "crappy fake oil" to suvive 10,000 hours vigorous testing.

Back