I do my own haircut. How about you?

Old barber when I was a kid was a WWII vet, many of his customers were vets as well. I should have asked more questions and listened to the banter instead of reading popular mechanics or whatever was on the rack.

Oh my, do I. I believe it was my very first middle school dance - Turn About, or something like that - the girl asks the guy. My mom had to drive us (Geez).

Hours before the dance, my mom was trimming my hair with one of those contraptions and all of a sudden I hear "uh, oh". She gouged a big bare spot on the back of my head. I think shoe polish was involved in the cover up.
trimmere%2Bcomb.jpg

Circa 1970 for 70 cents. Asking price on Ebay is $99.00! Ronco had their own version.
Thats it.....

Oh my, do I. I believe it was my very first middle school dance - Turn About, or something like that - the girl asks the guy. My mom had to drive us (Geez).

Hours before the dance, my mom was trimming my hair with one of those contraptions and all of a sudden I hear "uh, oh". She gouged a big bare spot on the back of my head. I think shoe polish was involved in the cover up.
trimmere%2Bcomb.jpg

Circa 1970 for 70 cents. Asking price on Ebay is $99.00! Ronco had their own version.
I remember this.

I started cutting my own hair at the beginning of covid. Worse part is cleaning up my neck. Sometimes I'll enlist the wife for that part. I was getting a cut once a month prior to covid, so it's a pretty nice savings.

Does anyone remember the comb you could buy with a razor blade inside it... You just combed your hair and it would thin it out...Worked pretty good once you learned how to use it...
I had one back in the 1970's. Wore my hair long back then, it kept me out of the barber chair for quite a few months.

Reactions: hrv
50 yrs home/free, ele clippers (same as dog's). Style change meant I put 1 of those neck mirrors on & watched in the vanity's mirror changed to sissors. Looked good, too much trouble. Back to two or three 'combs' on there like above.

I can't recall where this came from; commenting on a really bad haircut:

"I didn't know Stevie Wonder still had a barber shop..."

Ever noticed in a lot of barbers/hairdressers, whenever you are only customer in the shop he/she have all the time for your haircut but when a customer comes in the shop all of a sudden in a split second your haircut is being rushed to get it done. This is one of the reason why I do my own haircut.

Back