I am a bird guy.... Got a thrill yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year I got my first visit by Orioles. I love their orange and black colors compared to other birds. Yesterday I had 2 Orioles show up at my feeder.

Now waiting for the Hummingbirds to show.

First let me say that I love the Baltimore Orioles.
Anywaaaay!...

Second, we had a beautiful oriole land on my car's outside door mirror and we took a picture of it. I had never seen an oriole in my area of NY State. Absolutely beautiful!

We had a Red Rump Parrot for 15 yrs til it past away. We love bird too.

Last edited:
During mating season each spring, we have at least one pair of Mallards make our roof their early morning perch. Kind of funny to see them up there.

With the delayed ice out in MN, I saw many divers stage for several weeks, as the lakes north of the metro had been locked in.

I have a pair down here. This is the 3rd year
He is little hard to see. He was playing in the sprinkler.

Awesome! We have a TON of robins, but we love watching the two cardinal families that live somewhere in our back yard and are always in our garden.

We have a blue jay now and again too. I dont mind it, though I hear they can be aggressive.

Id like to draw a goldfinch and redwing blackbird.

Cant say Ive ever seen an oriole in the wild. That would be fun too...

You like birds ..... you have to come to Point Pelee National Park right now

The Park is about 35 miles from Detroit.

I was riding my motorcycle through the Park yesterday and there were license plates from all over The States and Provinces.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bird are pretty. Yesterday I watched a Hawk hunt for voles in the field behind the house.

I had the wrong "copy in my paste" ......
33.gif

Here is the Festival of Birds at Point Pelee
https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/on/pelee/activ/festival

Would a mod please remove the link in my post above, Thank you

Not really into birds but I had lunch at Goleta Beach yesterday and saw this huge swan walking around the grass area. It had a white/light grey body with a black neck and head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back