Hyundai / Kia smooth brakes?

For all of you saying H/K have the best brakes of any car you've ever driven....have you driven anything else? H/K hands down has the most numb, least responsive brakes and steering that provide absolutely zero feedback of any manufacturer I've ever driven.
Yes but us H/K owners are also very numb, the least responsive and provide zero feedback as well 🤣

For all of you saying H/K have the best brakes of any car you've ever driven....have you driven anything else? H/K hands down has the most numb, least responsive brakes and steering that provide absolutely zero feedback of any manufacturer I've ever driven.
Depends on the model. My GT has average brakes, but the rack and pinion feel is excellent.

My Genesis Coupe has the best and easiest to work on brakes I've ever had. But they are Brembos with the Hyundai Kia logos cast into them.

The Accent has the normal Hyundai front disc and read drums. The rear disc caliper that Hyundai uses is a lot like the front. They both have an issue especially if in rusty areas. FWIW the front brakes on the Accent are only as good as your tires. It can easily lock them up and the back drum brakes are usually just around for some ballast and emergency brakes. Though the emergency brake can lock up the rear at speed if all is working good.

The issue is the cast iron caliper rust and swells over time and the Stainless Steel spring clip the pads ride in gets the feet bound by the rust swelling. The pads should be riding in and out on the SS spring hardware. As it rust and swells this gets bound cause the pad to not retract. Once a year I take them apart and brush and file this are out as it is my winter car.

I wonder if you have no feel for the brakes when the last time a good and thorough flush has been done. The Accent is pretty hard to get a good bleed on IMHO. The Brembos do fine with a gravity bleed.

i agree girlfriends 18 optima breaks are great +QUIET!!
Yup. Smooth, powerful & quiet. They even have done a good job eliminating that chatter you get when brakes are lightly applied and the auto wants to creep.

Back